Texas Fishing Forum

Last Ray Roberts Trip of the year

Posted By: David Welcher

Last Ray Roberts Trip of the year - 10/04/20 12:27 PM

Still catching them, they are a little tuff with this full moon, they are not stacked up, only catching one fish per tree, ended up with 23 keepers by 1:00, all on minnows suspended in timber at 15 to 20’.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Last Ray Roberts Trip of the year - 10/04/20 05:38 PM

thumb
Posted By: TryHard

Re: Last Ray Roberts Trip of the year - 10/05/20 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by David Welcher
Still catching them, they are a little tuff with this full moon, they are not stacked up, only catching one fish per tree, ended up with 23 keepers by 1:00, all on minnows suspended in timber at 15 to 20’.

You switching over to Bass after today?

Re: Last Ray Roberts Trip of the year - 10/05/20 01:37 AM

Got a wedding next weekend then a fish fry the following weekend, I don't fish for crappie up there after mid October, as I struggle, after 25 years you tend to learn, I'll be heading to a different lake with a heavy emphasis on bass till next May, so I'm begging you guys up there to keep posting for me! Change my mind, if you would.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Last Ray Roberts Trip of the year - 10/05/20 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by David Welcher
Got a wedding next weekend then a fish fry the following weekend, I don't fish for crappie up there after mid October, as I struggle, after 25 years you tend to learn, I'll be heading to a different lake with a heavy emphasis on bass till next May, so I'm begging you guys up there to keep posting for me! Change my mind, if you would.

Not to come off wrong or anything but have you actually tried to find them during that time? These fish leave timber come winter but can be found in plenty of other areas with a little searching.

Re: Last Ray Roberts Trip of the year - 10/05/20 04:08 PM

I mainly bass fish in the cold, but It also comes down to convenience for me. I have one lake less than 10 minutes from home that is good for cold weather brush pile fishing.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Last Ray Roberts Trip of the year - 10/05/20 04:12 PM

Ahh gotcha.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum