Texas Fishing Forum

Best minnow rig

Posted By: junbengreat

Best minnow rig - 09/28/20 08:38 PM

Currently using the rig below with an egg weight. While it’s been effective I feel like I miss too many bites. What is the best setup for hook up ratio.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Duck_Jerky

Re: Best minnow rig - 09/28/20 08:54 PM

We use the "bottom bouncer" rig...hence my tournament partners name here on TFF. If you google "drop shot minnow rig" you will see what it is.

Weight: 3/8 oz casting weight
Hook: Eagle Claw EL214

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p...zXDHKLKxovl7na1iLT5AidtGv6WI66BQ59jWuiig
Posted By: Mo

Re: Best minnow rig - 09/28/20 09:01 PM

On the rare occasion I use minnows, I either put the minnow on a naked jig head or use a true-turn hook with a split shot.

I used a couple of my old B"M rods rigged for minnows for my stepson early this summer, I had forgotten how soft they were.
Changed to Pro Anglers , results were a lot better.

MO
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Best minnow rig - 09/29/20 11:40 AM

If I'm fishing brush piles I will put the weight on the bottom and tie the hook 12" up on a small snelled leader.
If I'm fishing the thick cedars then I will use the Texas Toothpick. Rarely do I loose a fish and I have caught over 10,000 fish on it over 25 years. [Linked Image]
Just this year I started fishing a crappie bomb in the brush and caught a lot on it, but the fish do get hung up a little more than the Texas Toothpick.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Best minnow rig - 09/29/20 11:47 AM

[Linked Image]
Picture of crappie bomb, its basically a jigging spoon, the weight of it allows you to get un hung in the brush.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Best minnow rig - 09/29/20 12:20 PM

That’s good info, it’s nice to see guys be willing to share.
Posted By: chickenman

Re: Best minnow rig - 09/29/20 12:33 PM

www.nekidtackle.com made these. I don't think he is taking orders though. Just loop a snelled hook through the swivel eye.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum