Texas Fishing Forum

Can you ever have enuff

Posted By: Fishbonz

Can you ever have enuff - 09/11/20 08:01 PM

Weapons? A significant other my say yes to that notion wife Fortunately for me,at this time, I don`t have that problem SO in the mean time ,until that situation engulfs this guy,I am going to do so until the cows come home & since last I`ve checked they are still out grazing .metaphorically speaking & I appreciate guys like Lane Palmer for lookin out! banana Come on Fall baby! [Linked Image] I`M WAITIN ON U! coolio
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Can you ever have enuff - 09/11/20 08:05 PM

You never have enough tackle! Always have my eyes open for good fishing tackle sales! thumb
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Can you ever have enuff - 09/11/20 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
You never have enough tackle! Always have my eyes open for good fishing tackle sales! thumb

1+
Posted By: barndoor

Re: Can you ever have enuff - 09/11/20 10:02 PM

I thought I was the only one that was crazy for steadily buying chit.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Can you ever have enuff - 09/12/20 03:23 PM

If there's anything that Livescope has taught me, it's that bait color makes little difference, but bait profile and finding the active fish is the key to catching crappie consistently.
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: Can you ever have enuff - 09/12/20 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

X 2 thumb
Posted By: Griff7212

Re: Can you ever have enuff - 09/12/20 04:01 PM

Never!
Posted By: SK.

Re: Can you ever have enuff - 09/12/20 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by barndoor
I thought I was the only one that was crazy for steadily buying chit.

It's even worse when you tie your own jigs...... I'm out of room for different material but still searching for new material...... It's a sickness.....
Posted By: SK.

Re: Can you ever have enuff - 09/12/20 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Gamblinman
If there's anything that Livescope has taught me, it's that bait color makes little difference, but bait profile and finding the active fish is the key to catching crappie consistently.

Without live scope and having to entice a crappie to come hit your bait color means a bunch more times than not..... With live scope size means more than color from what I've seen.....
Live scope haven't convinced me I need it yet but it is a fun toy......Really expensive toy......

Re: Can you ever have enuff - 09/12/20 09:44 PM

I don`t have livescope coolio
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Can you ever have enuff - 09/12/20 10:34 PM

Little mans got more tackle than Johnny Morris and shows no signs of slowing down!!! roflmao

Some guy was griping to him the other day at Walmart talking about people hoarding all the tackle and he told that guy he’s been hoarding tackle since he was 3!! roflmao
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Can you ever have enuff - 09/13/20 02:38 AM

Fall is here baby, water cooled a bunch this week... And the crappie fish are hangry!
Posted By: SenkoSam

Re: Can you ever have enuff - 09/14/20 12:31 PM

bait color makes little difference, but bait profile and finding the active fish is the key to catching crappie consistently.

and
having to entice a crappie to come hit your bait

Says it all. You can have one or a thousand lures. If one does it for you, that's all you need most of the time; if a thousand do it for you, enjoy catching fish on a variety. Unfortunately the majority of my 1000 lures are stored and forgotten. smirk
Posted By: Burbarry

Re: Can you ever have enuff - 09/14/20 01:20 PM

I'm not sure why crappie guys have such a hard time getting them to eat. I swear I catch more crappie than I do bass fishing. Its usually on smaller square bill crankbaits in a range of colors. Lately I've been using jigs with swimbait trailers and seems to be keeping crappie off my line. My thoughts on the crankbaits is they see them as smaller bait fish and are actively feeding. If I ate freshwater fish I would probably be able to get a god haul of crappie in an hour or two just cranking. My buddy that fishes for them with small jigs is amused how many I catch on trips with him. I think he's got a 1000 types of colors and shapes of jigs and plastics to catch them. Whats funny is he trys crankbaits same ones I'm using and will catch bass and no crappie. he has caught a couple nice catfish jigging for crappie before. I think with all types of fishing you can never have to much tackle/rods/reels.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Can you ever have enuff - 09/14/20 04:02 PM

It's even worse when you tie your own jigs...... I'm out of room for different material but still searching for new material...... It's a sickness.....[/quote]
+1 we would be prime candidates for the show hoarders fish loco
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Can you ever have enuff - 09/14/20 09:48 PM

I fish with the same color and size plastic all year long except in the Spring.

Slab Bandit Firehouse Shad.

In the Spring I use powder blue and white.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Can you ever have enuff - 09/14/20 09:57 PM

Yes,...you can actually have enuff,......but never,...never tell your wife !!

fish
` hooked
Posted By: crope1

Re: Can you ever have enuff - 09/23/20 01:41 AM

I'm liking that jig on the bottom right. What size are those jigheads?

Re: Can you ever have enuff - 09/23/20 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by crope1
I'm liking that jig on the bottom right. What size are those jigheads?

The Jigheads are 1/16oz Ronnie and the jigs are called sausage & gravy... hmmm I think. noidea

Re: Can you ever have enuff - 09/23/20 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jig Man
Fall is here baby, water cooled a bunch this week... And the crappie fish are hangry!

roflmao Hangry? What`s that Jig Man a combination of Hungry & angry? roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum