Texas Fishing Forum

Where to sink brushpiles

Posted By: Jobie99

Where to sink brushpiles - 09/11/20 02:57 AM

I’ve never crappie fished, but made a few brushpiles out of some old PVC that I would like to sink to try to catch some crappie with my family when we’re at the lake. Can anyone recommend where I should sink them?
Posted By: Mo

Re: Where to sink brushpiles - 09/11/20 12:52 PM

Our best piles are on main lake points and on the edge of big flats near drop offs to deeper water.
17 to 22 feet of water. They should hold fish from post spawn until late fall early winter
If you have a good sidescan unit, they are easier to find than build. There is a certain satisfaction to catching fish on a pile you have built.

Good luck
Mo
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Where to sink brushpiles - 09/11/20 12:53 PM

Try to find you a bare point that has a sudden drop from 15 to 20' or 25', you want to sink it right at the normal thermocline that sets up during the time frame between May and October which is when you and the family will fish mostly. So say your thermocline there normally sits at 20'-0 deep 90% of the fish will hold at that depth there during that time of the year.
Posted By: ~Moose~

Re: Where to sink brushpiles - 09/11/20 01:28 PM

I can send you some coordinates.... grin
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Where to sink brushpiles - 09/11/20 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by ~Moose~

No lie! Since Livescope the Palestine crew has been slacking! roflmao
Posted By: Griff7212

Re: Where to sink brushpiles - 09/11/20 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by ~Moose~

Haha
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Where to sink brushpiles - 09/11/20 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mo
Our best piles are on main lake points and on the edge of big flats near drop offs to deeper water.
17 to 22 feet of water. They should hold fish from post spawn until late fall early winter
If you have a good sidescan unit, they are easier to find than build. There is a certain satisfaction to catching fish on a pile you have built.

Good luck
Mo

1+
Posted By: Jobie99

Re: Where to sink brushpiles - 09/12/20 04:12 AM

Thanks for the help fellas👍
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum