Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts 8/29

Posted By: megabucks461

Ray Roberts 8/29 - 08/30/20 02:02 PM

I got to fish a couple of days this week. Tuesday I focused on a group of trees at the mouth of Indian that I had seen a few weeks back that looked good but scanning with livescope didn't see or catch a single fish. Moved over to Isle Du bois to an under water point with a group of trees on the edge of the drop off from 16 to 22 feet. Livescope showed fish on each tree and another that is under water. Each of these trees produced about 3-5 fish. All these fish were caught on the Stump Bug from Bonehead and a Yamamoto tube in black/white/chartreuse. You could watch them attach the bug on livescope when you moved it away from them. Sometimes a fish would come from off screen to take it from the fish that were gather around it. I used three colors purple/chartreuse, black/green, and one they call moon glow I think.

So yesterday I go back with a better plan and an understanding that some of these trees in less than 20 FOW maybe holding fish. So I start looking at some of these trees I saw on Tuesday. I pull up on one of these trees and it shows fish on the windward side of the tree and bunched up from 12-14 feet under a limb at 10 feet. I fished that tree for a solid hour and never moved. Same three baits. I lost a couple of good fish from this tree but probably caught 25 fish and kept all the fish over 11 inches.

So what I am trying to say with all this is if you see some good looking trees that are in the 14-18 FOW give them a try. Livescope makes it easy to scout these trees but even without it only takes a few minutes to drop a line and see what is around. There were some savage hits from this new favorite tree and plenty of good keeper fish.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Ray Roberts 8/29 - 08/30/20 02:15 PM

good review, thanks. fish
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Ray Roberts 8/29 - 08/31/20 10:49 PM

thumb
Posted By: JAMES-B.

Re: Ray Roberts 8/29 - 08/31/20 11:49 PM

Thanks for great review!
Posted By: TryHard

Re: Ray Roberts 8/29 - 09/02/20 05:18 PM

Very similar to my experience the last couple of weeks. Congrats on finding the magic tree =)
Posted By: NitroGlistenin

Re: Ray Roberts 8/29 - 09/03/20 05:03 AM

Good report. My magic trees seem to be nomadic. Always changing.
Posted By: Hook'em79

Re: Ray Roberts 8/29 - 09/03/20 11:54 AM

Nice report sir!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum