Texas Fishing Forum

Wild Week!!!

Posted By: Slewfoot

Wild Week!!! - 08/17/20 04:42 PM

Finally getting around to an update! Been a wild week between trips and work and prefishing for Fork.

Was on Palestine early in the week with Billy on his way back to Lubbock and he had recently added Livescope to his boat and wanted to see how I fished and learn some settings for the graph. I kinda lost track of time and with just him on the boat we talked about the crazy times we're in and I hit alot of stuff I don't normally fish and remembered why I don't fish alot of it anymore! hammer

It was brutal till about 11 then we started getting more bites and finished up his 25 and headed for shade! Jigs on brush were the ticket. He brought the W Tx winds with him and my plan to fish mainlake timber wasn't going to happen!

Thursday I went to Fork to look for some big fish for the last tourney of the year and forgot my minnow bucket! Most lakes I don't bother but Fork isn't one of em! I had a couple nice fish but not what we needed. Gameplan on the way to the lake that morning we fished an area Clay caught some good fish in prefishing and the first hour or so we were second guessing ourselves but stuck with it and then the day just got plumb stupid as it went on! Big fish after big fish came over the rails! We we're tossing 1.5 fish back early so we wouldn't go over our limit! We started that morning in a 3 way tie for 1st place AOY so we needed to beat 2 great teams to win and in the process be no lower than 3rd. We swung for the fences all day and it paid off! 7 fish for 15.86 is amazing anytime but dang sure in August! Won first place, big fish with a 2.56, AOY, and big stringer for the year and 3rd best stringer in CAT history. Only beat by 2 stringer from March at Millwood, one was ours. What an epic day! Came home to cold beer and a fish fry for little mans birthday party!

He had a couple buds stay over and we went to Palestine about 9 and fished a little and swam alot but they all caught some fish! One kid lost a huge bass on an 1/8oz jig! I would guess 7-8 pounds and then little man caught one around 4 I bet off a rib cage while I was cleaning fish! them glitter boat ditch pickle chasers spend $30 on a swimbait and they'll hit a rib cage! nuts

Hard to believe this year is 2/3 the way over! Have a trip Sat and Sunday the 23rd is open then heading back to the Quachita River to sweat to death and have Johnny's pizza and Podnuh's BBQ beans! Have a couple weekends and weekdays available in Sept as well.

Slew fish

Re: Wild Week!!! - 08/17/20 04:53 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mo

Re: Wild Week!!! - 08/17/20 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Slewfoot

He had a couple buds stay over and we went to Palestine about 9 and fished a little and swam alot but they all caught some fish! One kid lost a huge bass on an 1/8oz jig! I would guess 7-8 pounds and then little man caught one around 4 I bet off a rib cage while I was cleaning fish! them glitter boat ditch pickle chasers spend $30 on a swimbait and they'll hit a rib cage! nuts

Slew fish

pm sent

MO
Posted By: cellis

Re: Wild Week!!! - 08/17/20 07:48 PM

Congratulations Todd and Clay! That's a ridiculous weight for August. You guys are killin' it. thumb
Posted By: ~Moose~

Re: Wild Week!!! - 08/17/20 08:01 PM

Congrats on the win. Looks like them boys are happy too! thumb
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: Wild Week!!! - 08/18/20 02:10 AM

Congrats !
Posted By: +h20

Re: Wild Week!!! - 08/18/20 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by cellis
Congratulations Todd and Clay! That's a ridiculous weight for August. You guys are killin' it. thumb

Nice!! thumb

Congrats.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Wild Week!!! - 08/18/20 02:28 AM

Awesome post and congratulations! Good job. cheers
Posted By: tech

Re: Wild Week!!! - 08/18/20 03:34 PM

Great job Todd! I will be getting with you in the fall, once it cools down a bit!

Re: Wild Week!!! - 08/19/20 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by tech
Great job Todd! I will be getting with you in the fall, once it cools down a bit!

Sounds good!!! thumb
Posted By: pop r

Re: Wild Week!!! - 08/20/20 09:35 PM

Great job! cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum