Texas Fishing Forum

Question: Where to buy small streamer flys

Posted By: PKfishin

Question: Where to buy small streamer flys - 08/14/20 02:43 PM

I am looking for a place to buy small streamer flys. When I crappie fish at PK I find that the crappie are packed in with huge schools of big bluegills all competing for Ghost Minnows attracted to the lights ( night fishing). I would like to find a small streamer fly with a number 8 hook that I could tie above my 1/4 jig with a crappie nibble on it to catch these guys. Drop a jig or jig with a minnow down in the places I fish and it is constantly attached by these perch. I actually think there are more crappie in these places than I catch but the perch are so aggressive the crappie have a hard time getting a chance to hit my jig.

Really appreciate any help on this. Looking for something that will mimic a ghost minnow.
Posted By: bbquman

Re: Question: Where to buy small streamer flys - 08/14/20 02:59 PM

I'm no expert but you may want to search eBay or Amazon for Cyperts Minnows.
Posted By: Craphacman

Re: Question: Where to buy small streamer flys - 08/14/20 03:46 PM

Try this place: www.flyshack.com.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Question: Where to buy small streamer flys - 08/14/20 03:47 PM

BigYFly has one of the best selections and prices for bugs.
Posted By: Eric

Re: Question: Where to buy small streamer flys - 08/14/20 07:08 PM

try Fishindonkey in the fly fishing classifieds. Not sure what a streamer looks like but i bought nymphs and they look great and very reasonable
Posted By: FishinDonkey

Re: Question: Where to buy small streamer flys - 10/25/20 02:34 AM

thanks for the shotout, eric. i have some flies that may work for you, PK - feel free to PM me and ill show you what I got- looking to get rid of them- at wholesale cost- as I dont sell much fly fishing stuff
Posted By: Bones72

Re: Question: Where to buy small streamer flys - 10/25/20 01:52 PM

I tie a bunch. Just how small and what color combos would you like. I have #6 and #8 clousers tied in grey/white, chartreuse/ white, and some in various tri color combos as well even some to mimic small ghost minnows. I can tie clousers down to a size #10. I have some examples in the Flyfishing classifieds.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum