Texas Fishing Forum

Crappie nibbles?

Posted By: John A.

Crappie nibbles? - 08/04/20 11:25 PM

As I've mentioned in some previous posts, I'm a crappie fishing novice. I've had some luck fishing brush with jigs.

I read some posts about crappie nibbles helping with a tough bite. My question is, does color matter? Do you match your nibble with the general color of your jig head or body or do you use the same color regardless?

Thanks so much!
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Crappie nibbles? - 08/04/20 11:37 PM

Color of the nibbles really does not matter in my opinion. I have one that is half chartreuse and half pink.

I do use nibbles occasionally, but prefer to dip the tail of my jig in Chartreuse Spike it right before I start fishing.

Most jigs I fish with have a chartreuse tail already.

It will last all day.

I prefer the bottle with the big opening up top versus the pens and sprays.

Be careful with it because if you get it on you or spill it in your boat you will smell like pizza all day.

It works great and fish love it.

Welcome to Crappie Fishing. fish
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Crappie nibbles? - 08/05/20 12:26 AM

I have fished with a jig on several occasions without a bite. Then started catching fish immediately when adding nibbles. I have had the best luck with chartreuse but white also works well.
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: Crappie nibbles? - 08/05/20 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by HOGON
Color of the nibbles really does not matter in my opinion. I have one that is half chartreuse and half pink.

I do use nibbles occasionally, but prefer to dip the tail of my jig in Chartreuse Spike it right before I start fishing.

Most jigs I fish with have a chartreuse tail already.

It will last all day.

I prefer the bottle with the big opening up top versus the pens and sprays.

Be careful with it because if you get it on you or spill it in your boat you will smell like pizza all day.

It works great and fish love it.

Welcome to Crappie Fishing. fish

If I used that my fishing buddy would eat the jigs !
roflmao
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Crappie nibbles? - 08/05/20 01:05 AM

I use the nibbles, I think they hang on to it a little longer for idiots like me to realize they are there
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Crappie nibbles? - 08/05/20 01:19 AM

Nibbles help at times. Color is not important IMO nor is jig color.
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Crappie nibbles? - 08/05/20 02:14 PM

It depends on what color stains you want on your boat for that reason they are not allowed on my boat.
Posted By: SK.

Re: Crappie nibbles? - 08/05/20 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pot licker
It depends on what color stains you want on your boat for that reason they are not allowed on my boat.

Yeap and the reason i use the white ones or glow......

A must have in my fishn areas to catch crappie consistently...... That is unless you're fishn some private lake or a low pressure lake......
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Crappie nibbles? - 08/05/20 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Pot licker

I agree, I've tried them, and the glitter ones are the worst,...glitter everywhere. I know two of Forks best guides and they
use them a lot. They do attract bream.... fish
Posted By: Magged Out

Re: Crappie nibbles? - 08/05/20 02:52 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1956Zebco

Re: Crappie nibbles? - 08/05/20 05:24 PM

I'm not much of a color guy, but you can greatly extend your fishing by turning the nibbles into a slab-like sauce above. I use it with a natural fiber marabou (white mostly) jig that soaks it up. They bit the jig instead of nibbling off the nibble. Works for bream too (use a shorter jig).

Posted By: silvers

Re: Crappie nibbles? - 08/06/20 10:15 PM

WD 40 works too
Posted By: zachary00

Re: Crappie nibbles? - 08/12/20 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by silvers
WD 40 works too

Seriously? My sarcasm detector isn't very good. Not sure if your joking.
Posted By: NitroGlistenin

Re: Crappie nibbles? - 08/12/20 10:19 PM

I’ve never had any luck with nibbles. The fish ignore me consistently. confused 3

Re: Crappie nibbles? - 08/13/20 01:14 PM

Actually, the best attractant of all is the cheapest of all (and why nobody hawks it) and sold by the gallon. There's all kinds of old time ways of using it in rigging plastic worms and such (again, becoming lost because it's so cheap). I suspect it's the "secret" ingredient of many attractants sold by the ounce. For crappie, simply dip your cloth type jig in it. They won't let go.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: NitroGlistenin

Re: Crappie nibbles? - 08/14/20 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by 1956Zebco
Actually, the best attractant of all is the cheapest of all (and why nobody hawks it) and sold by the gallon. There's all kinds of old time ways of using it in rigging plastic worms and such (again, becoming lost because it's so cheap). I suspect it's the "secret" ingredient of many attractants sold by the ounce. For crappie, simply dip your cloth type jig in it. They won't let go.

[Linked Image]

Cloth type jig?

Re: Crappie nibbles? - 08/17/20 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by NitroGlistenin
Originally Posted by 1956Zebco

[Linked Image]

Cloth type jig?

Yes. I have had success with plastics by toothpicking them with oil, but the cloth jig gives off much more scent.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum