Texas Fishing Forum

Lavon ramp questions

Posted By: markchat

Lavon ramp questions - 08/02/20 12:39 AM

I haven’t been to Lavon in years. I’m trying to stay away from the the jet fleas and stay up north in the sticks. I’d like to launch at Tickey Creek. What time does the park open? I’ve read 6:00 and I’ve also read 8:00.
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Lavon ramp questions - 08/02/20 03:12 AM

10am was the last I saw due to Covid.

Elm Creek is open 24/7. Watch the potholes on the way in to the ramp. Ramp itself was fine.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Lavon ramp questions - 08/02/20 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by HOGON
10am was the last I saw due to Covid.

Elm Creek is open 24/7. Watch the potholes on the way in to the ramp. Ramp itself was fine.

You got that right Big "G" !! I went there for the first time one day last week to launch and Man Those Potholes are REDICULOUS! The ramp is Excellent but the road from the gate to the ramp is Hemorrhoid Blvd! realmad crying
Posted By: lurenthewind

Re: Lavon ramp questions - 08/03/20 02:46 AM

We put in at the Power Plant today. Good Ramp, Floating Dock, not crowded. Lots of jet skis and ski boats on main lake. A few boats up in the timber but not crowded.

Crappie fishing is tough right now. We saw hundreds if not thousands of fish on LiveScope. Could not get them to eat. I expect a lot of them were little farts sucking the minnows off.

We tried 1/16 oz. jigs of varying designs and colors, jigs with minnows, straight minnows, jigs soaked in garlic. Nothing worked very well. We caught 10 or 12 small crappie, 2 small cats, and one small sandie. All were released.

Wayne
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum