Texas Fishing Forum

PK Report

Posted By: David Welcher

PK Report - 07/01/20 01:13 PM

Got to hit PK for the first time since the Golden Algae Kill, first few spots they were not where we had been catching them I was kind of worried it was gonna be bad, we ended up moving a few miles down towards the dam and found them on the livescope in the timber and caught about 30 total with 21 keepers all on 1/8 oz jigs with White /Chartruse Jokers, so I think the lake is going to be OK.

Re: PK Report - 07/01/20 01:35 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Keystone

Re: PK Report - 07/01/20 01:51 PM

thumb
Posted By: SK.

Re: PK Report - 07/01/20 04:52 PM

My kinda day...... Nice catches and Stay At'um.....
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: PK Report - 07/01/20 05:43 PM

Amazing. I never have that kind of day at PK. Crappie are usually tough to come by.

Re: PK Report - 07/01/20 07:18 PM

It's all about the livescope
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: PK Report - 07/03/20 03:44 AM

Nice post and fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: golfer

Re: PK Report - 07/04/20 06:05 PM

I don't have a livescope, but do have a depthfinder. Do you think the crappie will be up in Neelys Slough, or do i have to be on the main lake for them? I woud prefer to avoid the crowds, but ya got to go where the fish are

Re: PK Report - 07/04/20 06:28 PM

I've been catching them from South D&D to Cedar Creek, I'm wanting to get down to Neelys slew and try that end but just keep having luck on the north and west end.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: PK Report - 07/05/20 04:02 PM

Neely slough is so full of bait might be hard to catch a crappie there. There's always some in there and I used to catch them late in the evening by spider rigging jigs. Lot's of timber in there.

David is doing something unique. Not sure what he's doing but I'd like to learn. He's finding crappie on timber in PK using that livescope that perhaps we cannot see with down imaging or reg sonar. Most of the places I have caught crappie in the past are infested with Bluegills, sand bass and throw back stripers. The amount of shad in the lake is amazing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum