Texas Fishing Forum

AQUILLA GUIDE

Posted By: leanin post

AQUILLA GUIDE - 06/27/20 08:30 PM

anyone know a crappie guide on aquilla with livescope is preferred, looking for a 1/2 day trip for 2 .people or 3 people if we can do it on a wednesday. , weekday preferred.
Posted By: BP5168

Re: AQUILLA GUIDE - 06/27/20 09:20 PM

James Davis with Davis Guide Service.

Re: AQUILLA GUIDE - 06/27/20 10:53 PM

thanks
Posted By: RODS454

Re: AQUILLA GUIDE - 07/05/20 03:23 PM

I’ve talked to Big Billy Kinder, a couple of times, out there during the week. You might try him.

Re: AQUILLA GUIDE - 07/05/20 03:47 PM

thank u.. its one of the few lakes within a 200 mile radius from me I havent fished, thanks to your posts it has sparked my interest.. not a lake I would likely fish often due to distance but always a treat to fish a new lake.
Posted By: Esnow74

Re: AQUILLA GUIDE - 07/06/20 06:33 PM

it is not fishing quite like it has over the last several years, still fish to be found but not as easily as they were a few months ago and for last several years. For the last 5 years or so, i rarely caught an undersized fish and now it is difficult to find an 11" fish but I know they are around. I know I am going to start exploring larger lakes as this one has been hit extremely hard in the last 4 months.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: AQUILLA GUIDE - 07/06/20 07:32 PM

Save your money and just go to the Parks and Wildlife website and upload the 66 brushpile coordinates for Aquilla to your depth finder, and just put your head down and go fish.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: AQUILLA GUIDE - 07/06/20 08:34 PM

https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/fish_attractors.phtml
Posted By: SC-001

Re: AQUILLA GUIDE - 07/06/20 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Esnow74
I know I am going to start exploring larger lakes as this one has been hit extremely hard in the last 4 months.

He's right you know, I live right by it, this lake got absolutely hammered during this Covid by the meat hunters looking to fill their freezers.
Posted By: fishingallday

Re: AQUILLA GUIDE - 07/06/20 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001
I know I am going to start exploring larger lakes as this one has been hit extremely hard in the last 4 months.

He's right you know, I live right by it, this lake got absolutely hammered during this Covid by the meat hunters looking to fill their freezers.

Yeah, this is usually my favorite lake as it stays mostly quite with less pressure. Plus, typically don't have to worry about jet skies or wake boats trying to swamp you. But in 30+ years of fishing it, I have never seen as many boats on the lake week after week as this year.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: AQUILLA GUIDE - 07/06/20 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by fishingallday
Originally Posted by SC-001

Yeah, this is usually my favorite lake as it stays mostly quite with less pressure. Plus, typically don't have to worry about jet skies or wake boats trying to swamp you. But in 30+ years of fishing it, I have never seen as many boats on the lake week after week as this year.

Every lake I have been on this year has been this way. Every weekend is like the Fourth of July. Crazy. Open up the bowling alleys, or wherever these folks came from.

Re: AQUILLA GUIDE - 07/06/20 11:59 PM

thanks,
Jim
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum