Texas Fishing Forum

Helix Screen Shots Missing

Posted By: Lollygagger

Helix Screen Shots Missing - 06/18/20 06:49 PM

I have the Humminbird Helix 9 at my console and am having an issue with my screen shots. I have the screen shot with waypoint turned to OFF. I can view my screen shots on the Helix but when I pull my microSD card out and put it in my computer, all I see on the SD card is ENCRYPT.TXT and PROFILE.TXT but no images. I'm using a SanDIsk Ultra 16GB A1 micro SD card. I have it in the right side slot and the Lake Master card in the left side slot. I've looked but can't find any information on how to load the screen shot images onto the card. I thought they would save automatically. I had the SD card in the Helix when I took the screen shots. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Posted By: dfd51

Re: Helix Screen Shots Missing - 06/18/20 10:43 PM

Time to use some of that drop money and get you a Gen3 10" SI/DI on the console and Livescope on the bow. Open that wallet man.

Re: Helix Screen Shots Missing - 06/19/20 12:19 AM

KD, I've got the 9 on the console (largest that would fit) and the 10 at the bow. I would probably upgrade the TM to have a spot lock before adding the Livescope. Besides, I'm on a fixed income nowadays!
Posted By: jacket8304

Re: Helix Screen Shots Missing - 06/19/20 03:24 AM

I had the same problem. Check your Lakemaster card. I wasnt finding anything on my SD card, pulled my Lakemaster just check and sure enough all of my screen shots were there. I'm not sure why they were saving on the Lakemaster instead of the SD card or how to make it change.

Re: Helix Screen Shots Missing - 06/19/20 02:50 PM

@Jacket8304; That's what I'm thinking too! I've asked about locking the Lake Master card but the person who tuned my units in said not to. I can see them on my unit but not my blank SD card. Let me know if you figure it out and I will let you know if I get mine working. I was on hold for over an hour yesterday with Humminbird and never got them to answer. I'll try again today.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Helix Screen Shots Missing - 06/19/20 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lollygagger
@Jacket8304; That's what I'm thinking too! I've asked about locking the Lake Master card but the person who tuned my units in said not to. I can see them on my unit but not my blank SD card. Let me know if you figure it out and I will let you know if I get mine working. I was on hold for over an hour yesterday with Humminbird and never got them to answer. I'll try again today.

The "problem" with microSD cards is they don't have a lock switch like a SD does. Soooo check the SNAPSHOT folder that is on your Lakemaster card. That is why you still see the snapshots on the unit. Snapshots are only written to a memory card with Helix units.

Re: Helix Screen Shots Missing - 06/20/20 02:19 AM

@ Wayne P.; I was thinking that the SNAPSHOTS were being loaded onto the Lake Master card. I was able to talk to Humminbird support on the phone today and they said that I should make sure that the LAKE MASTER card was locked. If it's not then the unit doesn't know which "card slot" to save the SNAPSHOTS to. The HB support person said that if it is locked then when saving a SNAPSHOT, it would force the unit to save it to the slot with the blank SD card in it.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Helix Screen Shots Missing - 06/20/20 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lollygagger
@ Wayne P.; I was thinking that the SNAPSHOTS were being loaded onto the Lake Master card. I was able to talk to Humminbird support on the phone today and they said that I should make sure that the LAKE MASTER card was locked. If it's not then the unit doesn't know which "card slot" to save the SNAPSHOTS to. The HB support person said that if it is locked then when saving a SNAPSHOT, it would force the unit to save it to the slot with the blank SD card in it.

If that's the case, you'll only be able to put one snapshot on a card.......you did say "it would force the unit to save it to the slot with the blank SD card in it." Once you save a snapshot, that card is no longer blank. If you think about it, I believe the conditional action is "it would force the unit to save the snapshot to the unlocked card."

Re: Helix Screen Shots Missing - 06/21/20 12:00 AM

@ Flipping-Out; yes, what you said is what I meant to say. Force the unit to save the SNAPSHOTS to the unlocked SD card.

Re: Helix Screen Shots Missing - 06/26/20 03:21 AM

I found my missing SNAPSHOTS. They were saved to my Lake Master card. I'm not sure if the unit defaults to saving SNAPSHOTS to the left card slot (where I have my Lake Master card installed) or some other reason. But I did find the SNAPSHOTS and loaded them onto my MacBook.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum