Texas Fishing Forum

Palestine report!!

Posted By: Slewfoot

Palestine report!! - 06/16/20 07:25 PM

Ran a trip on Palestine and they wanted to fish brush with minnows. Said no problem but timber would likely hold better fish but we still managed 50 keepers with all but a few coming off brush. Last time I fished brush was a couple weeks ago and the fish were significantly better this trip than the last time. Piles in 12-26’ foot all produced fish. Timber was full of crappie as well. We even stopped to shoot a dock and had a few there as well. I have Sunday fhe 28th open and could do a weekday or 2 this month still as well. Just need notice on those to arrange my schedule. Next month is filling up fast and with tourneys cranking back up my weekends are limited.

Holler if you want in on some of the best fishing of the year.

Slew fish
[Linked Image]
Posted By: pop r

Re: Palestine report!! - 06/16/20 07:33 PM

Well done! thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Palestine report!! - 06/17/20 02:51 AM

Nice post and fish. Good job. cheers
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Palestine report!! - 06/18/20 02:03 PM

Well done Slewfoot! clap

Re: Palestine report!! - 06/18/20 05:03 PM

Thanks Ya'll! Still have Wednesday next week and next Sunday available. Palestine, Fork, or Tawakoni. Pines is an extra $50! fish
Posted By: rbadley

Re: Palestine report!! - 06/19/20 05:33 PM

Was there for a week (11th-18) and found fish on brush. Had to move to a bunch of piles but did pretty well each day. Best fish we caught were on a pvc condo I put out last summer. Need to put some more out. Will be back on Palestine for a week starting July 3rd.
Posted By: crope1

Re: Palestine report!! - 06/19/20 07:37 PM

Wtg pigeon-toed!!!!
Posted By: dbones

Re: Palestine report!! - 06/21/20 05:32 AM

What u have open this week?

Re: Palestine report!! - 06/21/20 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by dbones
What u have open this week?

I could do Wednesday. Friday and still have Sunday open for some reason. fish
Posted By: kking

Re: Palestine report!! - 06/21/20 06:14 PM

What other lakes do you guide on or is Palestine your only one?
Posted By: dbones

Re: Palestine report!! - 06/21/20 06:24 PM

Shoot me a txt. 254 493 4693. I might be good for Wed.
Jeff

Re: Palestine report!! - 06/21/20 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by kking
What other lakes do you guide on or is Palestine your only one?

Fork. Palestine. Tawakoni and Pines.

Re: Palestine report!! - 06/22/20 03:52 PM

Cleaned 75 yesterday mostly off brush. Caught the last 5 on timber but those fish were deeper than normal and didn't want to eat. They were better fish though. Palestine is hard to beat! No sure what had those timber fish in a funk yesterday.

Slew thumb
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Palestine report!! - 06/23/20 02:15 AM

They could smell that Tawakoni water on your boat. roflmao
Posted By: BP5168

Re: Palestine report!! - 06/23/20 02:27 AM

See ya Saturday Slew! Wife and I are looking forward to it!

Re: Palestine report!! - 06/23/20 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by BP5168
See ya Saturday Slew! Wife and I are looking forward to it!

Yes sir! Me as well! Sunday was awesome. Hopefully this weekend will be the same! thumb

Re: Palestine report!! - 06/28/20 01:11 AM

Had Steve for an instructional trip yesterday! I hope he picked up some info! I think the biggest thing we both learned was don’t trust the weatherman! Kudos to the spotlock on the Ultrex that held us in place in monsoon winds and driving rain. We finally hid at the marina for the worst of it to find it knocked a couple trees down!

Today was Billy and Christine and we had much more manageable weather and they left with a couple gallon bags of Palestine fillets! Enjoy your fish fry y’all! Had a blast folks! Let me know when your ready to go again. Looking at the weather I can do the 2nd and I have the 8th open as well and it will be late July before I have anything else. Headed to Quachita River for Crappie Masters!!

Summertime is hot but so is the fishing!!

Slew fish
Posted By: BP5168

Re: Palestine report!! - 06/28/20 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Had Steve for an instructional trip yesterday! I hope he picked up some info! I think the biggest thing we both learned was don’t trust the weatherman! Kudos to the spotlock on the Ultrex that held us in place in monsoon winds and driving rain. We finally hid at the marina for the worst of it to find it knocked a couple trees down!

Today was Billy and Christine and we had much more manageable weather and they left with a couple gallon bags of Palestine fillets! Enjoy your fish fry y’all! Had a blast folks! Let me know when your ready to go again. Looking at the weather I can do the 2nd and I have the 8th open as well and it will be late July before I have anything else. Headed to Quachita River for Crappie Masters!!

Summertime is hot but so is the fishing!!

Slew fish

Was fun today Slew, man ... lotta meals gonna come out of those bags. My arm is sore from slingin fish in the boat! Very good trip.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Palestine report!! - 06/28/20 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by crope1
Wtg pigeon-toed!!!!

roflmao

Re: Palestine report!! - 07/04/20 02:25 AM

Had Brandon and Ray on Palestine for some slab therapy and they managed to put 50 in the cooler off timber and brush fishing mostly 12-18’ deep with hand ties in Shad and chart and white on Limits tackle jig heads and Jenko Rods from Frank and Lakeside Lure and Tackle. Saw Frank and he said he’s loaded up with Jenko and ACC crappie sticks. If your looking for a good rod at a great price give him a holler!!

Thanks for fishing with me guys! Enjoy your fish fry! I’m pretty booked up buy possibly have some availability end of the month and some in August!

Slew fish
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Palestine report!! - 07/04/20 04:14 AM

Nice fish. thumb
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: Palestine report!! - 07/04/20 05:11 PM

Those are really good fish Slew ! Happy customers !
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Palestine report!! - 07/04/20 11:03 PM

cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum