Texas Fishing Forum

Waxahachie 5-24-2020

Posted By: RODS454

Waxahachie 5-24-2020 - 05/25/20 12:17 PM

Went to Waxahachie to run the boat. I changed all the fuel filters and spark plugs, and wanted to see how she ran. I wasn’t planning on fishing as wind forecast wasn’t real favorable. After running up to the dam area I thought what the heck. So I fished my way back down the lake. Fish were stacked up on the brush but only got one taker. It was that way until I got to some timber. The fish there were aggressive. Caught 3 that were over a pound and a few smaller keepers. All fish released. Didn’t look at water temp but it was prolly low to mid 70’s.
1/4oz jig head with dark body and chartreuse tail plastic. It had to be moving to get a bite. I left when the wakeboats and jet skis showed up around 9:30am. Wind was blowing pretty good by then and it was starting to white cap.
Have a safe Memorial Day, RODS454
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Waxahachie 5-24-2020 - 05/25/20 04:08 PM

GOOD Information Rod!! Thanks thumb Is there another Aquilla trip in the forecast soon?

Re: Waxahachie 5-24-2020 - 05/25/20 06:05 PM

I’m hoping to go this week sometime. Gotta see what SWMBO has for me. Taking the grandkids camping next week, so have to prepare for that!😃
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Waxahachie 5-24-2020 - 05/25/20 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by RODS454
I’m hoping to go this week sometime. Gotta see what SWMBO has for me. Taking the grandkids camping next week, so have to prepare for that!😃

PM sent to you
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Waxahachie 5-24-2020 - 05/26/20 03:33 AM

thumb
Posted By: sticknstring

Re: Waxahachie 5-24-2020 - 05/26/20 01:34 PM

Good report! Thanx for sharing
Posted By: ACES82

Re: Waxahachie 5-24-2020 - 05/26/20 01:56 PM

Sunday afternoon I headed out there, my first time to fish that lake since moving close by. Ran by one dock that had many stacked on it, caught one 12” incher and lost one, those were the only 2 I could get to bite from it. Spent 30 minutes there. Spent the rest of the time shooting a few more docks and exploring the lake. Are you referring to the timber on the west end once you pass the water pipeline?
Posted By: Crappie Cats TV

Re: Waxahachie 5-24-2020 - 05/26/20 06:29 PM

Thanks for the HeadsUp RODS454! banana
Posted By: Crappie Cats TV

Re: Waxahachie 5-24-2020 - 05/26/20 06:51 PM

Thanks for the HeadsUp RODS454! banana

Re: Waxahachie 5-24-2020 - 05/27/20 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by ACES82
Sunday afternoon I headed out there, my first time to fish that lake since moving close by. Ran by one dock that had many stacked on it, caught one 12” incher and lost one, those were the only 2 I could get to bite from it. Spent 30 minutes there. Spent the rest of the time shooting a few more docks and exploring the lake. Are you referring to the timber on the west end once you pass the water pipeline?

There is submerged timber in a lot of the lake. Where I’m referencing is out fron the west boat ramp. There is a bouy marking a stump. There is timber around that area. And along the south bank.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Waxahachie 5-24-2020 - 05/27/20 11:37 AM

There is submerged timber in a lot of the lake. Where I’m referencing is out fron the west boat ramp. There is a bouy marking a stump. There is timber around that area. And along the south bank.

There is quite a bit of timber in that area for sure, when the lake is low and the tops are exposed it still surprised me even though I knew there was a lot there-
Posted By: pop r

Re: Waxahachie 5-24-2020 - 05/27/20 12:19 PM

Solid post Rod. thumb
Posted By: ACES82

Re: Waxahachie 5-24-2020 - 05/27/20 01:58 PM

I marked a little bit but haven’t found a whole lot. I’ll have to keep that in mind. Went out for a couple hours last night and caught some small crappie around docks, orange and white with a chartreuse tail. I’ll have to do some more searching in Hachie! Thanks!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum