Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lavon Parks

Posted By: Gray_Ghost9

Lake Lavon Parks - 05/23/20 11:44 AM

I looked on the corps website and see some of the parks are opened back up.
While running around yesterday I stop by 2 parks and the attendant told me the new permanent hours are now 10am to 10pm at all the parks that allow camping.
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Lake Lavon Parks - 05/23/20 12:27 PM

banana thanks for info. thinkin the only camping I wanna do is on couch with a/c on 75 & a cold adult bev in hand. Ya'll be safe!! not a fan of hot & humid. and too old to water ski. lol
Posted By: Gray_Ghost9

Re: Lake Lavon Parks - 05/23/20 03:32 PM

They did open at 6 am, which allowed us to launch early, fish till 11am get off the water and let the pleasure boaters have it.
The closest parks to me are Collin, Avalon and Lavonia south available to launch early now and Lavonia south has been very busy.
My favorite park was East Fork, no matter what the wind was doing you could still launch there safely.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Lake Lavon Parks - 05/23/20 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lazy Ike
banana thanks for info. thinkin the only camping I wanna do is on couch with a/c on 75 & a cold adult bev in hand. Ya'll be safe!! not a fan of hot & humid. and too old to water ski. lol

roflmao roflmao
Posted By: iFloat

Re: Lake Lavon Parks - 05/23/20 05:57 PM

Is anywhere allowing Overnight tent camping?
Posted By: JAMES-B.

Re: Lake Lavon Parks - 05/26/20 03:07 AM

Thanks for the post. We were just talking about this the other day.
Thanks again for the information
Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

Re: Lake Lavon Parks - 05/26/20 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Gray_Ghost9
While running around yesterday I stop by 2 parks and the attendant told me the new permanent hours are now 10am to 10pm at all the parks that allow camping.

That lake is so F'n lazy it drives me crazy, there should be a law against this? I have never seen these BS anywere, open ramps at 10:AM given me an F'n break!! I called today, I was waiting for "Well it is COVID-19", but instead I got something more realistic to the truth "Well it was long hours opening up at 6:30", OMG, this has to be breaking laws!

Re: Lake Lavon Parks - 05/26/20 11:32 PM

Whatever you do, do not call and complain what a dump the place is, then they will just close it. But for sure call and complain about them restricting our access to public land!
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Lake Lavon Parks - 05/27/20 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by FishingGuy
Originally Posted by Gray_Ghost9

That lake is so F'n lazy it drives me crazy, there should be a law against this? I have never seen these BS anywere, open ramps at 10:AM given me an F'n break!! I called today, I was waiting for "Well it is COVID-19", but instead I got something more realistic to the truth "Well it was long hours opening up at 6:30", OMG, this has to be breaking laws!

I was talking about this to some friends today, it’s almost like they are the stepchild lake that has no budget. The whole lake’s grounds and hours are pitiful. This has to be the least pridefully ran lake in the entire COE system.

It seems deliberate it’s so bad.
Posted By: Desull

Re: Lake Lavon Parks - 05/27/20 02:17 PM

Thanks. I found out the hard way that Clearlake Park opens at 10am. Got up early on Memorial day and was at the gate at 8am to find out they open at 10am. I had to backtrack to Brockdale to launch.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Lake Lavon Parks - 05/28/20 02:09 AM

Yep.. better fishing spots at other lakes and ramps... go there...

Re: Lake Lavon Parks - 05/28/20 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ledeez

See this is the problem, the locals like the place being a dump. roflmao
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Lake Lavon Parks - 05/28/20 09:26 PM

I am a local and not so much!
Posted By: nellie

Re: Lake Lavon Parks - 05/28/20 10:58 PM

You think the Lavon ramp situation is bad, try putting in at one of the three Ray Hubbards ramp.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Lake Lavon Parks - 05/28/20 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by FishingGuy
Originally Posted by Ledeez

See this is the problem, the locals like the place being a dump. roflmao

I think you are wrong! Instead of complaining bring a trash bag. Like you said don’t complain!?
Posted By: lurenthewind

Re: Lake Lavon Parks - 05/29/20 12:56 PM

Trash bag ain't gonna do much to the pot holes in the road. Put in a Elm Creek yesterday. Won't make that mistake again. You could break a trailer axle on the road getting into that ramp. Same way a Twin Groves.

So today I am going to Lavonia. Good ramp when there is not 100 trailers in the parking lot. Little Ridge was also good last time I was there.

Collin Park as a last resort because you have to pay to use the ramp. Its probably crowded too right now.

Wayne
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum