Texas Fishing Forum

Memorial Day, What is the meaning?

Posted By: Asleep At The Reel

Memorial Day, What is the meaning? - 05/22/20 08:45 PM

To many this is a day to BBQ, Drink Beer, Play on the lake and have an extra day off work. We as veterans get Thanked for our service to this Great Nation. But it is all wrong. Please watch this video as I break down what Monday is and really this weekend. To all of our warriors and patriots that have died to keep this country free, THANK YOU and Thank you to your families as both of you have make the ultimate Sacrifice.

Posted By: HOGON

Re: Memorial Day, What is the meaning? - 05/22/20 09:23 PM

Chris...you nailed it! flag
Posted By: Buckchaser

Re: Memorial Day, What is the meaning? - 05/22/20 09:29 PM

Our freedom was not free. Thanks for the post Chris. My Dad’s first cousin landed on the beaches of Normady...never made it to the shore.

Re: Memorial Day, What is the meaning? - 05/22/20 10:16 PM

Thank you Hogon and Buckchaser. Wish I could thank your relative. Unfortunately it took people like that to die to give others a chance to get in and crush the opposition. Thank you two for the comments.
Posted By: pop r

Re: Memorial Day, What is the meaning? - 05/22/20 11:42 PM

Great point made Chris! Lets all remember our falling heroes ! flag
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Memorial Day, What is the meaning? - 05/23/20 12:08 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Memorial Day, What is the meaning? - 05/23/20 01:43 AM

flag Well Stated! flag

angel2 May God Bless those who made the ultimate sacrifice. angel2
Posted By: lurenthewind

Re: Memorial Day, What is the meaning? - 05/23/20 01:50 AM

Those men and women will never go fishing again, they will never co to Church again, they will never sit in the back yard and drink beer and eat hamburgers with their friends and family again.

To these people, we owe everything that we have and have just recently we have been reminded that it can all be taken away in a heartbeat.

Thank You to all those Souls of the many generations that have given us the freedom that we have.

Stay Safe and may God Bless Them All and God Bless America!!

Wayne
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Memorial Day, What is the meaning? - 05/24/20 01:46 AM

flag soldier flag soldier flag

Re: Memorial Day, What is the meaning? - 05/24/20 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by lurenthewind
Those men and women will never go fishing again, they will never co to Church again, they will never sit in the back yard and drink beer and eat hamburgers with their friends and family again.

To these people, we owe everything that we have and have just recently we have been reminded that it can all be taken away in a heartbeat.

Thank You to all those Souls of the many generations that have given us the freedom that we have.

Stay Safe and may God Bless Them All and God Bless America!!

Wayne

Agreed, THANK YOU WAYNE
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Memorial Day, What is the meaning? - 05/24/20 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by JIM SR.
[Linked Image]

flag soldier
Posted By: Buckchaser

Re: Memorial Day, What is the meaning? - 05/25/20 02:38 PM

ttt....just watched the President and VP Pence at the wreath laying ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery. Please prayerfully remember our Gold Star families on this special day.
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: Memorial Day, What is the meaning? - 05/25/20 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by JIM SR.
[Linked Image]

x2
Posted By: Gainzachoo

Re: Memorial Day, What is the meaning? - 05/25/20 11:54 PM

Agreed brother. Its for all our brothers and sisters that we lost down range, and all the others before and after them that made the ultimate sacrifice for us. Im always sure to respectfully remind people of this when they say “Thank you for your service” during this holiday. Love the video and tight lines man
Posted By: Wylie Jeff

Re: Memorial Day, What is the meaning? - 05/26/20 12:22 AM

flag
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Memorial Day, What is the meaning? - 05/26/20 07:17 AM

I hate to be the fly in the punchbowl especially being a Veteran myself but if we search the history of this Country, and the Original Memorial Day meaning, History will tell us a different story. It began in May of 1865 for a different reason than some are even aware of. I`m jus exposing the REAL TRUTH to those who want to know it. coolio www.nytimes.com The unofficial History of Memorial Day

HE. aka Fishbonz

Re: Memorial Day, What is the meaning? - 05/28/20 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Fishbonz
I hate to be the fly in the punchbowl especially being a Veteran myself but if we search the history of this Country, and the Original Memorial Day meaning, History will tell us a different story. It began in May of 1865 for a different reason than some are even aware of. I`m jus exposing the REAL TRUTH to those who want to know it. coolio www.nytimes.com The unofficial History of Memorial Day

HE. aka Fishbonz

You are correct, it started out to remember those killed in the Civil War. I did not look at the link you posted, but have researched it. It became after the end of WWI a day to remember ALL men and women from the wars that have paid the ultimate sacrifice. In 1971 It became and official holiday. So yes your post was partially correct, meaning to start with Decoration Day was to honor those in the civil war, but went through changes and finally in 1971 became officially Memorial Day (recognized by the Nation) to remember all that have died to keep this country free.

Re: Memorial Day, What is the meaning? - 05/28/20 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Gainzachoo
Agreed brother. Its for all our brothers and sisters that we lost down range, and all the others before and after them that made the ultimate sacrifice for us. Im always sure to respectfully remind people of this when they say “Thank you for your service” during this holiday. Love the video and tight lines man

can tell by your use of the words "downrange" that you are a combat vet yourself. Thank you Sir for your service to this Great Nation!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum