Texas Fishing Forum

DFW whats hot ? witch lake ?

Posted By: TeamC

DFW whats hot ? witch lake ? - 05/22/20 07:32 PM

Just started going out with a girl that lives in the Dallas Fort Worth area planning on taking my bass boat up there for this holiday weekend so many lakes what do you suggest??? I normally bass fish / crappie / trot line cats
Posted By: wrestlefish

Re: DFW whats hot ? witch lake ? - 05/22/20 07:49 PM

For fishing a lake for the first time for crappie, love Ray Roberts. Just because there is a lot of visible structure, and there are lots of community brushpiles that are marked on the Navionics App. I am not much of a bass fisherman, but I have caught some HOgs on Ray Roberts while fishing crappie over Brushpiles. So I know the green trash fish are in there LOL.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: DFW whats hot ? witch lake ? - 05/22/20 07:50 PM

It’s a good likelihood that ray hubbard and cedar creek may be the only fishable lakes after the next week or so is over.
Posted By: FowlTrouble

Re: DFW whats hot ? witch lake ? - 05/22/20 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mckinneycrappiecatcher
It’s a good likelihood that ray hubbard and cedar creek may be the only fishable lakes after the next week or so is over.

Reasoning?
Posted By: HOGON

Re: DFW whats hot ? witch lake ? - 05/22/20 09:33 PM

I'm guessing the rain coming this weekend.
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: DFW whats hot ? witch lake ? - 05/22/20 10:01 PM

And you can go ahead and scratch Ray Hubbard off that list. Nobody goes fishing on Ray Hubbard on a holiday weekend and lives to tell about it. LOL!
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: DFW whats hot ? witch lake ? - 05/22/20 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by HOGON

Every lake but those two in this area are flood control, if we get a weeks worth of rain they will all be flooded out and unfishable....again.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: DFW whats hot ? witch lake ? - 05/22/20 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by TeamBRC
Just started going out with a girl that lives in the Dallas Fort Worth area planning on taking my bass boat up there for this holiday weekend so many lakes what do you suggest??? I normally bass fish / crappie / trot line cats

may I make a suggestion? Pm sent
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: DFW whats hot ? witch lake ? - 05/22/20 10:33 PM

Every lake but those two in this area are flood control, if we get a weeks worth of rain they will all be flooded out and unfishable....again.

If they do flood. I know where to go find them. We will see.
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: DFW whats hot ? witch lake ? - 05/22/20 11:59 PM

Just started going out with a girl that lives in the Dallas Fort Worth area

You better be careful using the word witch then ... instead of which
Posted By: cellis

Re: DFW whats hot ? witch lake ? - 05/23/20 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by ACAMS
Just started going out with a girl that lives in the Dallas Fort Worth area

You better be careful using the word witch then ... instead of which

grin
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: DFW whats hot ? witch lake ? - 05/23/20 12:52 PM

welcome Yep BRC Look at weather. Bring the boat, but looks like wet weekend Ray Roberts just got back to normal, and if & BIG If was going that is where I would go. And go early and get off water before noon or 1pm> Don't even think about lews vill ray hub, lavon it will be a ZZZOO. Or tell her to go you instead. If you are near Waco hills boro etc lots of nicce lakes. I used to go to belton with friend on mem. weekend. NOt too bad and as hill and winding it is you can always escape wind.
Posted By: Fish Chaser

Re: DFW whats hot ? witch lake ? - 05/23/20 02:58 PM

I don;'t know any witch lakes around, but there are some warlock lakes nearby.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum