Ray Bob ?
Posted By: TR176

Re: Ray Bob - Good bite - 05/22/20 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by TeamBRC
Ray Bob ?

Ray Roberts up near Sanger Tx.
Posted By: TeamC

Re: Ray Bob - Good bite - 05/22/20 07:42 PM

thanks.. that's what I thought..... looking to find some good fishing up there this weekend so many lakes idk witch way to go
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Ray Bob - Good bite - 05/22/20 09:22 PM

That’s a nice haul. I’m catching fish but not that good. Well done.
Posted By: GoT2BeFishin

Re: Ray Bob - Good bite - 05/22/20 09:29 PM

It's been years, but by the dam in front of the state park about 100-150yd out use to be a huge brush pile in that area that produce good fish. it's been years since I fished it, not sure if brush pile is still there but if you are in the lake and need a spot, use sonar to scan that area, in about 25-30ft of water if I remember correctly

tight lines guys and good luck
Posted By: wrestlefish

Re: Ray Bob - Good bite - 05/22/20 11:36 PM

I fished a lot of structure that day. First time I have fished that part of the lake and I was experimenting. I fished bridges and was unimpressed - dinks. Shoreline did nothing. Spawn is over I think. Shallow brush was a bust, Timber in 10 feet of water or greater produced fish. Twigs produced dinks. Bigger trees produced bigger crappie. Deeper Timber had the chance of holding larger quanitities of Crappie, but I did pull some nice ones off of big trees in shallow water, just no numbers The majority of that catch came from 3 trees out of dozens I fished. The three that were money were large diameter, Vertical trees in deep water where I could work the whole water column without hanging up my gear. Next time i go out, I am going to hit those three trees first. I could just drop my bait to the bottom, and slowly bring it up hugging the tree, and about 5 reels off the bottom was where I was getting hit. I say this now, and next time I go out it will be totally different which is why they call it fishing LOL
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Ray Bob - Good bite - 05/23/20 03:15 AM

Great report. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: NitroGlistenin

Re: Ray Bob - Good bite - 05/23/20 02:05 PM

Wrestlefish how was the wind?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum