Texas Fishing Forum

Pick a Lake

Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Pick a Lake - 05/13/20 04:31 PM

Would like a change of scenery, so thinking about hauling my boat to the next closest lake other than Richland Chambers....what would you pick?

1. Palestine
2. Cedar Creek
3. Navarro Mills
4. Halbert (wildcard!)
Posted By: ACES82

Re: Pick a Lake - 05/13/20 05:24 PM

I would have to pick Palestine.
Posted By: willyrdskillyrd

Re: Pick a Lake - 05/13/20 06:28 PM

Never fished Palestine but I’d say cedar creek.
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: Pick a Lake - 05/13/20 07:36 PM

Wanna catch a bunch of fish, go to Cedar Creek. But if you wanna have a chance a some larger fish, I'd go to Palestine.
Posted By: ACES82

Re: Pick a Lake - 05/13/20 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by The Crappie Guy
Wanna catch a bunch of fish, go to Cedar Creek. But if you wanna have a chance a some larger fish, I'd go to Palestine.

That’s what I’ve heard. Cedar creek for number but you have to wade through the dinks. From the pictures posted and reports on other sites, Palestine is on fire.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Pick a Lake - 05/13/20 09:31 PM

I always liked cedar creek myself
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Pick a Lake - 05/13/20 10:54 PM

Cedar Creek for me because it`s easier to plane on most of the lake.Palestine on the other hand ... well you`d better know where you are going and have a GOOD route to get you there & BACK or you may just happen upon one of those lower unit mines settin out there waiting for ya
Posted By: cellis

Re: Pick a Lake - 05/13/20 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by The Crappie Guy

^This^ but like Fishbonz stated, I wouldn’t be reckless about where I went on plane if it’s the first trip there. 2cents
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Pick a Lake - 05/14/20 12:26 PM

Palestine or CC would be my choice! Get the chip from Tom Maybe for Palestine if you don’t have it! I’m familiar with that lake and I wouldn’t mind it myself! thumb
Posted By: Flags

Re: Pick a Lake - 05/14/20 01:35 PM

None of the above. I'd hit Athens. If the crappie don't cooperate you can fill a cooler with huge bluegills.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Pick a Lake - 05/14/20 01:36 PM

Palestine unless you like almost falling in the water on calm days from the pleasure boaters wakes.
Posted By: Keystone

Re: Pick a Lake - 05/15/20 03:00 PM

CC on weekdays

Re: Pick a Lake - 05/15/20 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Flags
None of the above. I'd hit Athens. If the crappie don't cooperate you can fill a cooler with huge bluegills.

i always admired those who pick something not on the menu! i will check this lake out.

Re: Pick a Lake - 05/15/20 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
Palestine unless you like almost falling in the water on calm days from the pleasure boaters wakes.

haha. i know some of those wakeboarders personally too.....it is not fun in my Tracker though.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum