Texas Fishing Forum

Xi5 Spinning in Anchor Mode

Posted By: AGSWON

Xi5 Spinning in Anchor Mode - 05/09/20 09:23 PM

Any of y’all had an issue with your Xi5 spinning 360 degrees or more as soon as you put it in anchor mode? It ends up wrapping the wires around the shaft. It is very frustrating. Not sure how to fix it. I’ve only had it out twice. I’ve already set the mounting angle per the instructions. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: JAlfred

Re: Xi5 Spinning in Anchor Mode - 05/09/20 10:13 PM

Mine has done the same thing for the entire 18 months that I've owned it. It's annoying, but doesn't seem to hurt anything. It seems to sense when there is too much tension on the wires and reverses itself. I've found that if the boat is drifting backward rather than forward when I go to anchor mode, the motor doesn't hunt around as much.
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Xi5 Spinning in Anchor Mode - 05/10/20 10:19 AM

going just once around is ok, as long as it doesn't go 2x. Mine will go about one and a half, and then reverse the spin to not over-tension the cable.
Tim

Re: Xi5 Spinning in Anchor Mode - 05/10/20 12:43 PM

It has gone around twice several times which puts a lot of tension on the wires. I will agree with JA that it tends work correctly when it first drifts back a bit.
Posted By: Mo

Re: Xi5 Spinning in Anchor Mode - 05/10/20 12:49 PM

Have you tried recalibrating it ?

Mo
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: Xi5 Spinning in Anchor Mode - 05/10/20 01:06 PM

If mine acts buggy I simply unplug it and plug it back it. Seems reaquiring the GPS satellite helps. If that doesn't work I would redo the calibration.

Re: Xi5 Spinning in Anchor Mode - 05/10/20 01:17 PM

I think recalibrating will be my next option. I haven’t tried that yet. I’ll have to read up on how to do it. Thanks.
Posted By: sticknstring

Re: Xi5 Spinning in Anchor Mode - 05/10/20 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Skunked Again Fishing
going just once around is ok, as long as it doesn't go 2x. Mine will go about one and a half, and then reverse the spin to not over-tension the cable.
Tim

2x
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: Xi5 Spinning in Anchor Mode - 05/10/20 07:36 PM

Nothing here that a Minn Kota won't fix thumb

Re: Xi5 Spinning in Anchor Mode - 05/10/20 10:40 PM

I would have bought a Minn Kota but it didn’t come in a 52” shaft.
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: Xi5 Spinning in Anchor Mode - 05/12/20 11:31 PM

Mine only does that when there is no wind ... so I just turn it off and use it normal until I get a little breeze.
Posted By: chireno

Re: Xi5 Spinning in Anchor Mode - 05/13/20 01:39 AM

Yes. I've had mine for about a year and a half. Installed on Lake Fork. All calibrations done. Left there and went to home lake Texoma. First time out it went crazy. Never would lock in. Made call to dealer. Here are some things he told me that I never read in the maual. 1st) If you are in water shallower than 6 feet it may not work. He was correct. 2nd) If there isn't much wind it may not work. He has been correct. 3rd) If your Xi5 is running good and spot locks on your current lake and then you travel to another lake, say over 80 miles away, you may have to do the calibrations again. He is correct.
Example for me this Spring Break trip. Xi5 was doing everything correct on Texoma. Left here for two days fishing on Lake Fork. First hour on Fork it would not to spot lock. It was windy. Had to do the whole routine of unplug the power, within ten seconds do the calibrations, drive the boat in two complete circles, etc. Next two days it was wonderful.
Day three off to Sam Rayburn for two days of crappie fishing. Spot Lock worked perfect except in shallow water areas.
Day five through nine we fished Toledo Bend. First time out with the boat the Xi5 went crazy again. Did the whole calibration routine again and never any problems the rest of the trip.
Posted By: Txbassin

Re: Xi5 Spinning in Anchor Mode - 05/13/20 03:18 AM

You can get the 60" Minn Kota shaft cut to the length you want as long as its an authorized dealer doing the shortening.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum