Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville not so hot

Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Lewisville not so hot - 05/07/20 05:15 PM

Maybe when the gates finally shut it will pick up.

I need another small graph. Elite 7 or 5 w/power cord, would work.
Cash or will trade instructional trip for it.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Lewisville not so hot - 05/07/20 05:55 PM

pm sent
Posted By: fisherman dan

Re: Lewisville not so hot - 05/08/20 03:20 PM

I have 3 , new in package. Will sell reasonably priced.
Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: Lewisville not so hot - 05/10/20 04:10 PM

ttt
Posted By: wrestlefish

Re: Lewisville not so hot - 05/10/20 06:29 PM

The fish are there. They are just lock jawed. I did my first Crappie trip of the year as I just prefer post spawn fishing. I fished 7 am to 2 pm for 9 really nice fish,but it was not easy. First they were barely touching my jigs. I missed so many fish and the ones I was catching were dinks. So I took my cast net out and went bait hunting. I caught some fathead minnows, glass minnows, and little threadfin shad. Went back to same spot. Bang. Now instead of pulling the tubes off my jig they were enhaling the 1 to 1 1/2 inch shad. Nice chunkers, but nothing on the fathead or glass minnows. I caught a couple of keepers on jigs but that was rough. Most of the bigguns came on threadfins. Fished standing timber and bridges, and I moved a lot! One fish a tree and you better catch it because they told their friends to leave the moment you hook or miss one. They are crazy finniky, but I agree, the bite in Lewisville is always rough when those gates are open. 9 keepers in seven hours is not good action, but I have crappie ready for the frying pan

Attached picture lewisville crappie.jpg
Posted By: Buckchaser

Re: Lewisville not so hot - 05/10/20 07:02 PM

Looks like some really nice sized crappie. Fresh fish for supper at your house. 👍
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lewisville not so hot - 05/10/20 09:23 PM

Nice slabs. thumb
Posted By: flee fly

Re: Lewisville not so hot - 05/12/20 12:16 PM

Nice fish!
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Lewisville not so hot - 05/12/20 05:33 PM

Ernest, I agree! Papa Peck and his buddy and co worker Jeff and I went out one day last week, and we found some but we really had to work for them! Lot of normally hot spots up in the old lake were empty. Must move a lot, and even when you find a few, no guarantees they're gonna jump in the boat with ya. It's tougher than it should be this time of yr.
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Lewisville not so hot - 05/12/20 05:35 PM

Ernest, I agree! Papa Peck and his buddy and co worker Jeff and I went out one day last week, and we found some but we really had to work for them! Lot of normally hot spots up in the old lake were empty. Must move a lot, and even when you find a few, no guarantees they're gonna jump in the boat with ya. It's tougher than it should be this time of yr.
Posted By: Big_CatEM

Re: Lewisville not so hot - 05/12/20 05:53 PM

Was slow last time I went. Finally have my daughter back home from A&M permanently and have a few days this week before 7 graveyards. Weather has had me working plenty of OT since mid-April.

May bring out my catfish bait to the slips if the crappie are slow and try for a few channels.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum