Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool Crappie?

Posted By: CamoKing

Joe Pool Crappie? - 05/04/20 08:20 PM

Taking my son fishing on Joe Pool Wednesday. Wanna try for some crappie early and sandies late.. I have the Sandies figured out there so needing some guidance where Crappie. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have info on sandies on Pool and Richland Chambers to share as well... Thanks everyone!
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Joe Pool Crappie? - 05/04/20 08:46 PM

I only fish for crappie when I take the grand kids and then just fish the bridges. There's a large brush pile outside the creek between Loyd Park and the marina. There is another large brush pile where the old state park marina used to be. Can't miss it. Also the old marina had several slips that the renters had dropped brush piles under and they are probably still there and active. If wind is an issue then I usually see crappie fishermen using the coves with timber on the state park side of the lake to get out of the wind. I don't have any spot's coordinates but the piles are large enough that they are easy to find with a FF.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Joe Pool Crappie? - 05/05/20 12:50 PM

Crappie are biting good on joe pool. Brushpiles and timber. Bet there are a few on the bridges too.
Posted By: CamoKing

Re: Joe Pool Crappie? - 05/05/20 01:53 PM

Thanks everyone.. Ill let yall know how we do..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum