Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Arlington help

Posted By: RODS454

Lake Arlington help - 04/25/20 11:48 AM

I’m looking to go to Arlington to checkout the crappie action. TPWD fishing page says Arlington requires a use permit. Does anyone know if this is still required during this stay at home thing? Is the lake even open? Or is there a particular ramp that must be used?
Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Snagalager

Re: Lake Arlington help - 04/25/20 12:50 PM

I think its 5 hairs to use the ramp. And there's a pay box. Ramps are open
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Lake Arlington help - 04/25/20 02:25 PM

There is a pay box if you do not have the permit. I can’t remember what it costs.
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: Lake Arlington help - 04/25/20 02:37 PM

The lake and both ramps are open. There are crappie there if you find some brush piles. I know they just sunk about 30 man made piles all around . Coming off either ramp you can go left and go all the way to the creek.Good luck.

Re: Lake Arlington help - 04/25/20 03:26 PM

Thanks guys for the info. Is there a preferred ramp or are they about the same?
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Lake Arlington help - 04/25/20 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by RODS454

Rod there are three ramps. Two BIG 8 lane ones on the East side,#1 Simpson Park & #2 Bowman Springs. #3 McCray park( The Hood) on the west side. It has 2 lanes. Last time I was there it was a $5.00 day use fee. I prefer Bowman myself roflmao

Re: Lake Arlington help - 04/25/20 07:33 PM

Thanks 'bonz. I was hoping you would chime in.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Lake Arlington help - 04/26/20 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Fishbonz

Rod there are three ramps. Two BIG 8 lane ones on the East side,#1 Simpson Park & #2 Bowman Springs. #3 McCray park( The Hood) on the west side. It has 2 lanes. Last time I was there it was a $5.00 day use fee. I prefer Bowman myself roflmao

I agree on Bowman. Nice ramps. Fairly long walk back though. I have gone out there 4 or 5 times since the vine has been flooded.

Re: Lake Arlington help - 04/26/20 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Davedave
Originally Posted by Fishbonz

I agree on Bowman. Nice ramps. Fairly long walk back though. I have gone out there 4 or 5 times since the vine has been flooded.

Simpson is also a pretty good little walk back to the ramp after you park. rolleyes
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: Lake Arlington help - 04/26/20 08:26 PM

Bowman literally has a parking lot right there at the ramp. Simpson Park has 2 parking spots at the ramp. If they are taken then you have to park in the main bldg parking area. It is inconvenient. But I wouldn't call it a long walk. Both ramps are nice ramps

Re: Lake Arlington help - 04/26/20 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bentman63
Bowman literally has a parking lot right there at the ramp. Simpson Park has 2 parking spots at the ramp. If they are taken then you have to park in the main bldg parking area. It is inconvenient. But I wouldn't call it a long walk. Both ramps are nice ramps

Yes they are VERY NICE ramps ! ... but for my knees It`s a pretty good little walk compared to some other lake ramps. IJS
Posted By: Esnow74

Re: Lake Arlington help - 04/27/20 02:01 AM

Bowman ramp and scan for brush or hit docks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum