Texas Fishing Forum

Navarro Mills Lake

Posted By: Crappie Cats TV

Navarro Mills Lake - 04/11/20 08:43 PM

We spent much of the hot windy day fishing for Slab Crappie, and boy did we find a few. We caught personal bests 1.9 & 1.6lb 14”+ crappie. All of crappie were caught on Brushpiles In 12-20 FOW, using various colored jigs with Pink heads. Equipment Used: Stratos Bass Boat, Bass Tracker Boat, Lowrance HDS, Hook2, Elite HDI Units. And as usual we had a Blast.. Thanks for watching and hope you enjoyed...Crappie Cats Baby!!

”Crappie Cats TV: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBts0eVDU28fBv35OMMQAZA

Attached picture IMG_0263.PNG
Attached picture 21714E1C-6683-4986-A76D-B81CAD6B3A89.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0240.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0260.PNG
Attached picture IMG_0264.PNG
Attached picture IMG_0261 (1).jpg
Posted By: itwasalladream

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - 04/11/20 09:57 PM

Nice day on the water. Thanks for the report!
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - 04/12/20 12:13 AM

Thanks for the report. I’m gonna give it a go one of these days.
Posted By: willyrdskillyrd

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - 04/12/20 12:16 AM

Where did y’all launch from? I checked a while back and no where was open
Posted By: pop r

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - 04/12/20 01:06 AM

thumb Nicely done guys! cheers
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - 04/12/20 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by willyrdskillyrd
Where did y’all launch from? I checked a while back and no where was open

Probably liberty hill. I think the ramp is the only thing open
Posted By: Eric

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - 04/12/20 03:54 AM

not sure but 101819 might mean october last year. I heard lake was very hi . maybe he will post when it was.

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - 04/12/20 05:56 PM

Hello Crappie TFF, the main ramp at Liberty Hill was the only ramp open. The water was 8-9 feet higher than normal. Yes,"101819" means October 2019..
Thanks for watching and for your comments.. Keep your lines tight!

”Crappie Cats TV: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBts0eVDU28fBv35OMMQAZA
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - 04/13/20 04:16 AM

Nice fish. Good job. thumb

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - 04/13/20 02:34 PM

Thank You, can't wait to get back out there! banana
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - 04/14/20 01:58 PM

Wife and I went to Liberty Hill yesterday. Due to water depth, the ramp was closed. There was one ramp open, per the staff guy, and I assume he meant Wolf Creek, or maybe Oak Park.
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - 04/14/20 02:41 PM

Well done guys! cheers
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - 04/14/20 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country
Wife and I went to Liberty Hill yesterday. Due to water depth, the ramp was closed. There was one ramp open, per the staff guy, and I assume he meant Wolf Creek, or maybe Oak Park.
I just spoke with the OFFICE mgmt this morning, 4/14/2020, and was told the Liberty Hill Ramp is open. Not sure which one but there are two one larger than the other. Oak Park ,Brushie Prairie,& Wolf are CLOSED! There is another primitive ramp (Pelham) @ the NW corner of the lake that stays open BUT unless you have monster truck & a flat bottom jon I would`nt advise using it when flooded conditions exist on the lake. Under normal lake conditions Good fishing back there!
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - 04/14/20 08:00 PM

I’m surprised you got to talk to anybody that was knowledgeable. My phone calls got me nowhere. So, on the way back from Corsicana we diverted to go to Liberty Hill. I figured talking to someone face to face at the front gate might get me the real facts. What I said above was what I was told. As for the ramp he said was open, he pointed in the general direction of Oak Park, though I didn’t ask him for more detailed info. We had planned to fish Navarro Mills on Wednesday and to put in at Liberty Hill. I sure didn’t want to drive that far and not be able to get to the water. I also asked if I could drive over to the ramp to see how high the water was, but he wouldn’t even let me drive around “unless you were dragging a boat”, which I wasn’t. I was there on Monday at about 2pm. Being as it’s about 25 hours later, maybe the water drained fast.

All I can say is that I don’t think I could have gotten better information than from the guy working the front gate at the actual site. If he says the ramp is closed, and he has the keys, you don’t have a lot of options. But it is a day later...
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - 04/14/20 11:38 PM

are there many places to hide from the wind on Navarro Mills? i would like to give it a try and take a break from richland chambers. i am on a small crappie streak at RC.

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - 04/15/20 11:24 PM

Give Aquilla a go. Awesome little lake. Fish are in the timber in anywhere from 8-10’ and also in 16’ open water hanging at about 10’. I caught my limit by 12:20 today.
Posted By: spinnerbait72

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - 04/16/20 12:41 AM

Rods was that u i saw on bardwell crossing bridge heading home. Thought i saw ur boat on the water

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - 04/16/20 10:33 AM

No sir. As far as I know Bardwell was closed. The lady in the COE office told me they were closed until the middle of May and more than likely the first of June. I guess I need to call them again.
Posted By: spinnerbait72

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - 04/16/20 03:42 PM

Ya call them i saw a boat
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum