Texas Fishing Forum

Needed a bigger cooler today

Posted By: bush hog

Needed a bigger cooler today - 04/09/20 12:17 AM

but that's ok, I'm not fussing. Smacked 'em around pretty good today with a 1/32 jig. It had to be the slow fall because they wouldn't hardly touch a 1/16. Big fish today was 1.97 pounds and like all the rest she was just about spawned out. Still had a few eggs but not much. [Linked Image]
Posted By: CrappieXpress

Re: Needed a bigger cooler today - 04/09/20 12:33 AM

My wife and I were out today too. Caught some really nice fish. Crazy thing was they bit like heck for about 2 hours for us then it was like someone turned off a switch. It was a beautiful day on the water. Are you finding any shallow? All our fish came from 12-14’ but full of eggs in a staging area.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Needed a bigger cooler today - 04/09/20 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by CrappieXpress
My wife and I were out today too. Caught some really nice fish. Crazy thing was they bit like heck for about 2 hours for us then it was like someone turned off a switch. It was a beautiful day on the water. Are you finding any shallow? All our fish came from 12-14’ but full of eggs in a staging area.

Sounds like us! We got on the water at 8 and between then and 10 we smoked em! Fished 4 more hours and probably had 30 but the first 2 hours were great.

Re: Needed a bigger cooler today - 04/09/20 01:58 AM

I didn't even try the shallow bite today....just hit boat docks mostly and some of them were only about 4 ft. deep. Strange your fish were full of eggs and the ones I cleaned had just small egg sacks.....I reckon that's a good example that not all fish spawn at the same time. It was a steady bite for me today but I did catch a lot of short fish. Wind kept me off some prime real estate so I just hung out on the south shore.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Needed a bigger cooler today - 04/09/20 02:49 AM

Nice haul. Good job. thumb
Posted By: THarris22

Re: Needed a bigger cooler today - 04/09/20 12:26 PM

Great cooler of fish Bush Hog. I'm blessed I am still WORKING.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Needed a bigger cooler today - 04/09/20 01:52 PM

I found the same thing. I didn't try the shallow water caught Big post Spawn females in 13'-15' of water 11'-12' deep.

Had a guy stop by the boat at one point and said he caught a limit of males in shallow water but they were just legal size. H was kind enough to show me where they were but we stayed with the deep water fish for size.

I did have a lot of fun catching shallow crappie this year but the size wasn't great. I try to only keep 12" crappie and most were 10"-11" fish. But it was fun to catch fish on every Cast!!!
Posted By: lure buddy

Re: Needed a bigger cooler today - 04/09/20 02:47 PM

Nice
Posted By: jig master

Re: Needed a bigger cooler today - 04/09/20 05:06 PM

Nice haul. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Needed a bigger cooler today - 04/09/20 08:27 PM

WTG Bushhog! I knew it was just a matter of time, till you started cleaning more than you wanted to...

Re: Needed a bigger cooler today - 04/09/20 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by crapicat
WTG Bushhog! I knew it was just a matter of time, till you started cleaning more than you wanted to...

Haha....These were for my neighbors but you're right....more than I wanted to clean. I see where Crappie Express kicked you out of the boat to take his wife fishing. I bet he doesn't make her stay in the back of the boat.
Posted By: CrappieXpress

Re: Needed a bigger cooler today - 04/10/20 02:30 AM

Heck no!! She doesn’t break half as many of my good Jigheads off so I keep her right on top of the brush and the fish...... heck I have to keep crapicat 10-15 foot off the pile at all times to conserve some of my tackle for the next trip.

Re: Needed a bigger cooler today - 04/10/20 11:27 AM

Heck no!! She doesn’t break half as many of my good Jigheads off so I keep her right on top of the brush and the fish...... heck I have to keep crapicat 10-15 foot off the pile at all times to conserve some of my tackle for the next trip.

roflmao roflmao
Posted By: SK.

Re: Needed a bigger cooler today - 04/10/20 03:22 PM

You lowered the lake level some....LOL... Awesome catches.... Smacked'um you did do.... thumb
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Needed a bigger cooler today - 04/10/20 04:07 PM

thumb
Posted By: spinnerbait72

Re: Needed a bigger cooler today - 04/10/20 11:21 PM

thumb nice
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum