Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts Lake SP Boat Ramps

Posted By: parkcop

Ray Roberts Lake SP Boat Ramps - 04/08/20 10:54 PM

After negotiations, it has been determined that Jordan Park and Sanger Park boat ramps will remain open for boat access to the lake (as long as we don’t get additional rains and lake level rise which could force their closure due to flooding). All other parks and associated activities at the Ray Roberts Lake State Park Complex remain closed.
Posted By: NitroGlistenin

Re: Ray Roberts Lake SP Boat Ramps - 04/09/20 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by parkcop
After negotiations, it has been determined that Jordan Park and Sanger Park boat ramps will remain open for boat access to the lake (as long as we don’t get additional rains and lake level rise which could force their closure due to flooding). All other parks and associated activities at the Ray Roberts Lake State Park Complex remain closed.

Thanks PC. The tpwd site for this info is currently down. Any idea why these ramps were built so so low? 5 feet shouldn’t close this many ramps.

“After negotiations”.....care to elaborate?
Posted By: Captain Yakker

Re: Ray Roberts Lake SP Boat Ramps - 04/09/20 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by NitroGlistenin
”After negotiations”.....care to elaborate?

My guess is that they pushed the guidelines that fishing and hunting are considered essential activities for food procurement so, the boat ramps are a major necessity for that activity to take place. It would be difficult to fish from the bank if you cannot enter the regular park area and don’t have readily available access to shorelines around undeveloped areas of the lake.

Just my humble .02
Posted By: whale

Re: Ray Roberts Lake SP Boat Ramps - 04/10/20 11:01 AM

The first year Roberts was opened in 1990, the lake came up, flooded I guess you would say, and washed out the concrete walking trail, picnic tables and other things at Isle du Boise park. I don't remember how high the water was, but they closed everything till the water went down. So I would say it was bad engineering. What else could it be? We waited forever for Buck Creek to open. About 3 or 4 foot rise and water in parking lot. Good Grieve. Too bad they didn't have some of the old lake builders like built Texoma.
Posted By: LoneStarSportsman

Re: Ray Roberts Lake SP Boat Ramps - 04/14/20 01:30 PM

Good Morning parkcop,
Has there been any additional ramps open on RR.
Thanks
Posted By: Lone Ranger

Re: Ray Roberts Lake SP Boat Ramps - 04/17/20 06:27 PM

Does anyone know if the Pecan Creek park boat ramp is open on Ray Roberts? Info would be greatly appreciated.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum