Texas Fishing Forum

Navigating Ray Roberts

Posted By: Chops

Navigating Ray Roberts - 03/27/20 07:24 PM

I am really struggling with the search feature here. I am planning on fishing tomorrow and am wondering about getting from Jordan Park back into buck creek under 377. Is it safe to run south of Wolf Island all the way to 377? If not, where should I start idling?
Posted By: feeding frenzy

Re: Navigating Ray Roberts - 03/28/20 01:14 AM

If you don’t know it,...everything from wolf to 377 is a minefield. I always put in at Jordan...it’s safe to plane directly to wolf island.....I only idle past it though. That’s a long trip to idle all the way....there is a way....I see lots of people full pad up that way but like I said, you really need to know the path......lake is up a bit.....may help
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Navigating Ray Roberts - 03/28/20 01:37 AM

Stumps start at wolf island. It will look more clear with the high water but it only takes one. Most folks you see running north of there have GPS trails.
Posted By: rickt300

Re: Navigating Ray Roberts - 03/29/20 12:12 AM

I go from stump to stump at a idle!
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Navigating Ray Roberts - 03/29/20 02:05 AM

No help but I fished Ray Robert's often in the early days. There are a lot of open areas that I am guessing were pastures and fields. I ran from one to the next. It was easy when timber was still standing. There are 2 submerged fields NE of Wolfe. Once you get through timber line you can hit it to the next tree line. Then idle and hit it again. I would idle through timber line to the submerged rail bed and then run it to the mouth of Buck. From there it gets a little trickier unless you know how to run creek itself.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum