Texas Fishing Forum

Need some info.Restrictions- covid

Posted By: allhookedup

Need some info.Restrictions- covid - 03/23/20 04:42 PM

Not trying to be a downer just need information. Do the shelter in place, social distancing guidelines apply to bank and boat fishing as well. If anyone has input I would welcome it. A friend asked about going out and we do not want to be in violation or chance of misunderstanding with game officials. Thank you
Posted By: jigin-jaintor

Re: Need some info.Restrictions- covid - 03/23/20 05:22 PM

Actually I think you would be fine with no more than 2 people in your boat and stay 6 feet apart. If your going out by yourself you would be fine. I’m going out in my kayak tomorrow on Lewisville.
Posted By: Hoosier Texan

Re: Need some info.Restrictions- covid - 03/23/20 09:38 PM

Shelter in place means just that. You are not to be out.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Need some info.Restrictions- covid - 03/23/20 09:55 PM

You can fish or do outdoor activites as long as you are more than 6 ft away from another person
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Need some info.Restrictions- covid - 03/23/20 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Hoosier Texan

Cannot be further from the truth
Posted By: megabucks461

Re: Need some info.Restrictions- covid - 03/24/20 12:55 AM

Boat ramp at Jordon park had quite a few rigs in it today but that is Denton county not Dallas
Posted By: Buckchaser

Re: Need some info.Restrictions- covid - 03/24/20 01:02 AM

Call the game officials and ask for their advice. It would be interesting to all of us to know their reply. They would probably be grateful for the call..
Posted By: Coachzee

Re: Need some info.Restrictions- covid - 03/24/20 01:14 PM

[Linked Image]

Does this answer it? I thinking we can. This is from the judge...
Posted By: Bilboinsa

Re: Need some info.Restrictions- covid - 03/24/20 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Hoosier Texan

I disagree. You should look at the Order itself. Ours (San Antonio/Bexar County) says people may leave their houses to engage in activity that is in an open outdoor area, as long as you stay six feet from everyone but your family.
Posted By: allhookedup

Re: Need some info.Restrictions- covid - 03/24/20 09:58 PM

I called the Game Warden number and got no answer. That is why I thought to ask opinions on the Forum. We actually went out for a couple of hours, but had no luck. When to a bank spot and it was slow so called it a day. After listening to the Dallas County Judge is seems that outdoor activities are allowed as long as you practice social distancing and in limited numbers. He mentioned jogging and running trails in particular. I will try the Warden's office at a later time. Thanks for the responses.
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: Need some info.Restrictions- covid - 03/25/20 10:51 PM

the court order is pretty easy to read and allows fishing and outdoor exercise. gas stations are open (i would assume still selling bait as needed).

tell the person you need the fish to survive and no one is going to give you any issue. good luck!
Posted By: mbell23

Re: Need some info.Restrictions- covid - 03/26/20 02:26 PM

I called my local police department and asked that question. I would say try doing the same in your area and see the guidelines there. All in all they did say fishing is allowed as long as you're 6ft apart from others.
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Need some info.Restrictions- covid - 03/26/20 02:57 PM

It’s covered as an outdoor activity. In fact, I read that the state was considering opening up all state parks free of charge to encourage outdoor activities during the stay home, work safe times. You just have to adhere to best practices as outline for social distancing.
Posted By: Bradley McCaw

Re: Need some info.Restrictions- covid - 03/26/20 03:56 PM

Denton county specified fishing and hunting is allowed
Posted By: pomoxis1

Re: Need some info.Restrictions- covid - 03/27/20 12:09 AM

Looking for some solid answers myself, I'm in Dallas county , can I fish in any county without breaking any rules? Thanks for any info.
Posted By: Buckchaser

Re: Need some info.Restrictions- covid - 03/27/20 12:51 AM

People can get serious quick if you threaten to take away their guns or try to stop them from fishing. My guess is that most, if not all of us, agree that there is minimal Coronavirus transmission risk associated with one or two people fishing in a boat. Perhaps the true risk would be what you do between the house and the lake. It has been clinically proven that the virus can live on a surface for over 24 hours. Think about the keypad on the gas pump, the handle of the gas pump, the door handle at the convenience store, the refrigerator handle in the store that you open to get your favorite beverage, the fountain pen that you use at the counter to sign your credit card bill, your change from spending paper money, the handrail on the pier at the public boat ramp, etc., etc. Just some food for thought. My prayers are that all of you and your families can avoid contracting this virus. Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands, and Happy Fishing!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum