Texas Fishing Forum

CHOKE GRASS

Posted By: Olegreg

CHOKE GRASS - 03/02/20 11:22 PM

Hadn't been to Choke in quite some time, and I was surprised to see the amount of grass out from the banks. My question is, when the crappie move to the bank to spawn (should be very soon), how do you fish for them? I tried dropping a jig in holes in the grass with a long rod, but didn't have much luck. Should be great for bass on a frog, however, I didn't have time to try it.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: CHOKE GRASS - 03/03/20 12:11 AM

dropping a jig in holes in the grass with a long rod will work once they get in there and start spawning...may be a little too soon just yet.

fish
` hooked
Posted By: Olegreg

Re: CHOKE GRASS - 03/04/20 01:29 PM

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping I may have been missing something. My only problem with this approach is, with my trolling motor on high to cut through the grass, I'm thinking I will make a big commotion trying to get close enough (at the risk of saying my rod is not long enough).
Posted By: Cradpole

Re: CHOKE GRASS - 03/04/20 01:57 PM

Put on a pair of waders March 9 is the full moon be sure to be there after the full moon they will be there
Posted By: gar1970

Re: CHOKE GRASS - 03/04/20 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cradpole
Put on a pair of waders March 9 is the full moon be sure to be there after the full moon they will be there

"Put on a pair of waders" roflmao roflmao roflmaonot at choke!
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: CHOKE GRASS - 03/04/20 06:49 PM

Here's a couple of reasons not to wade when the water temperature gets above 60 degrees.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
bolt
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: CHOKE GRASS - 03/05/20 05:08 AM

I saw a guy fishing along the bank out of an inner tube a few years back and I had just seen a 12 or 13 footer in the area and told him about it. Heard a bunch of splashing as I worked down the bank in our boat, looked back and he was running while holding the tube up around his waist getting out of the water as fast as he could. bolt
Posted By: Brent's Dad

Re: CHOKE GRASS - 03/05/20 06:49 AM

Sent you a private message
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum