Texas Fishing Forum

Just to Test Perspective View

Posted By: BP5168

Just to Test Perspective View - 02/26/20 10:28 PM

Bored a bit today so .... tomorrow I'll set out to do a little testing. I have already pre-ordered the bracket, etc, so this is temporary just to test around on.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I am not looking to save a buck to be honest, it's the whole 5-8 week thing. laugh
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: Just to Test Perspective View - 02/26/20 10:59 PM

i like everything about it except those zip ties on the ducer cable. i would replace with electrical tape....

please report back on results! looking forward to some promising testing!

Re: Just to Test Perspective View - 02/26/20 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by ThaDudeAbides
i like everything about it except those zip ties on the ducer cable. i would replace with electrical tape....

please report back on results! looking forward to some promising testing!

I'll do it! I tend to go zip tie happy ..... laugh
Posted By: jig master

Re: Just to Test Perspective View - 02/27/20 09:14 AM

I bought a pole ducer from shut up and fish and had it installed at my dealer. We will be trying it out this weekend. It was on my troller before caused me to get off target when the ole lock spot would make its move. So I hope this pole dilly really helps. Good luck with yours sir.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Just to Test Perspective View - 02/27/20 12:41 PM

How will this work, if there is a required update? Do they give you the code when you pre-ordered?
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Just to Test Perspective View - 02/27/20 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
How will this work, if there is a required update? Do they give you the code when you pre-ordered?

A software update for perspective mode is already released. It will require the perspective mode mount or a DIY mount.

Re: Just to Test Perspective View - 02/27/20 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by jig master
I bought a pole ducer from shut up and fish and had it installed at my dealer. We will be trying it out this weekend. It was on my troller before caused me to get off target when the ole lock spot would make its move. So I hope this pole dilly really helps. Good luck with yours sir.

I own the mount from Shut Up and Fish. Works like a charm.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Just to Test Perspective View - 02/28/20 07:40 PM

After some of the views I've seen from yesterday, I'm not sure Garmin released the full update...like a teaser of sorts. Maybe another update will be forthcoming when they release the mount.

Re: Just to Test Perspective View - 02/28/20 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Gamblinman
After some of the views I've seen from yesterday, I'm not sure Garmin released the full update...like a teaser of sorts. Maybe another update will be forthcoming when they release the mount.

Well, I am going to agree to be honest. I work in IT, and I'll just say I think the push was for simulation more than anything, and then maybe staging. I did a test with VARIOUS angles, and the quality isn't as good as I hoped. I'll keep it at that.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum