Texas Fishing Forum

*** Crappie Madness Seminars at Bass Pro This Weekend ***

Posted By: Duck_Jerky

*** Crappie Madness Seminars at Bass Pro This Weekend *** - 02/03/20 08:49 PM

Wes and I will be hosting seminars again this weekend in conjunction with the Bass Pro Shops Crappie Madness event:

Brian's Schedule - Garland Bass Pro:
Feb 7 @ 7:00pm
Feb 8 @ 11:00 and 2:00
Feb 9 @ 2:00

Wes's Schedule - Grapevine Bass Pro:
Feb 7 @ 7:00pm
Feb 8 @ 11:00 and 2:00
Feb 9 @ 2:00

Come on out to either store and we can talk about all things crappie fishing. Look forward to seeing you then!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: The_ProFISHional

Re: *** Crappie Madness Seminars at Bass Pro This Weekend *** - 02/04/20 10:49 PM

Nice 👍
Posted By: pop r

Re: *** Crappie Madness Seminars at Bass Pro This Weekend *** - 02/04/20 11:59 PM

clap
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: *** Crappie Madness Seminars at Bass Pro This Weekend *** - 02/05/20 06:00 AM

thumb
Posted By: UJC

Re: *** Crappie Madness Seminars at Bass Pro This Weekend *** - 02/05/20 05:45 PM

Great picture of you guys!
Posted By: Duck_Jerky

Re: *** Crappie Madness Seminars at Bass Pro This Weekend *** - 02/07/20 05:05 PM

Seminars start tonight at 7, and continue through Saturday and Sunday...look forward to seeing some of you. Have a great day!
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: *** Crappie Madness Seminars at Bass Pro This Weekend *** - 02/08/20 09:36 AM

cheers Hi Brian I have enjoyed the seminars, I thought Wes was to be at Cabla's /Allen ; {from post on Wed.????? So ?
Posted By: Danielindallas

Re: *** Crappie Madness Seminars at Bass Pro This Weekend *** - 02/10/20 07:22 PM

Hey Brian - great job on the seminar. I attended the Saturday 11am seminar and thought it was great (I was sitting over to the left with the backwards hat on ha). After the seminar there were probably 6 or 7 guys that went to the tackle session and all were discussing a lot of what they learned, so it was definitely helpful to others as well.

Especially enjoyed the line visibility talk about it being generally unimportant in your experience. I assume that some people just have a difference in opinion or experience, because I vividly remember Carey Thorn doing a seminar several years ago on wintertime bank fishing for crappie and he has always been adamant about using 4 to 6 pound flouro when targeting crappie in the creeks due to them being line shy. It has always confused me because I see tournament fishing using high vis mono or braid for crappie.

Do you ever compete against other tournament crappie fishermen that also subscribe to the "crappie ARE line shy" point of view or is it pretty universally accepted that they are not line shy. I'm talking strictly about tournament fishermen. I know there's a ton of occasional crappie fisherman that believe them to be line shy, but have always wondered if that view is held by anyone that actually is a recognized crappie tournament fisherman?

Thanks again for your time this weekend sharing info that will help others be successful. I am picking up that dock shooter rod you worked with - love the R&D you explained with the slow mo cam during development , etc.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum