Texas Fishing Forum

LOP help

Posted By: Vicjay

LOP help - 01/26/20 04:11 PM

Is there alot of standing timber in this lake ? Curious as far as running a boat. Thanks
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: LOP help - 01/26/20 04:23 PM

Tons of it. Be very careful.
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: LOP help - 01/26/20 10:12 PM

There's plenty of open water from the mouth of Johnson Creek to the dam. All that area is open. From Johnson Creek to Alley Creek stay on the north 1/3 of the lake shore.
All the rest ask locals or get a good map. And proceed with caution. The lake is approx 4" above normal and 95% of the tree tops are about 1-2 ft under the water. Even when running in 40 FOW. On the rest of the lake, unless I'm in a boat lane, I'm at idle speed.
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: LOP help - 01/27/20 05:23 AM

When lake gets low you gotta worry about concrete in the boat lane...
Posted By: G3bassbarge

Re: LOP help - 01/28/20 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ken Gaby
There's plenty of open water from the mouth of Johnson Creek to the dam. All that area is open. From Johnson Creek to Alley Creek stay on the north 1/3 of the lake shore.
All the rest ask locals or get a good map. And proceed with caution. The lake is approx 4" above normal and 95% of the tree tops are about 1-2 ft under the water. Even when running in 40 FOW. On the rest of the lake, unless I'm in a boat lane, I'm at idle speed.

Couldn't have said it better. I'm on this lake every day and Ken is 100 percent correct.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum