Texas Fishing Forum

Guided Crappie Trip for Korean War Vet??

Posted By: WyattYoung7

Guided Crappie Trip for Korean War Vet?? - 12/06/19 08:47 PM

Good afternoon everyone, I am in need of a little help here. I have a good family friend of mine that has been like a third grandfather to me that is wanting to go on a guided trip for crappie. He is approaching his 90th birthday, but still shares the same excitement of catching fish as he did in his earlier years. He is a Korean War Veteran with a Purple Heart Medal for when he served as a Marine. He explained to me that he has worked hard to catch fish his whole life and now he thinks he deserves to sit down and just catch fish in comfort as I agree with him. He lives in the Gordon area which is just north of Stephenville about 30-45 minutes, so we would prefer to stay somewhat around that area if possible(Possum Kingdom, Bridgeport, Granbury, Leon, Hubbard Creek, etc. maybe???). I would love to get him on a bunch of fish and let him enjoy it while sitting down. No need to worry about babysitting him the whole time because he has plenty of spunk in him to fish the whole time, and he will keep you entertained with his great sense of humor and amazing stories. We will need a trip for either two or three of us as I will be joining him on the trip and my brother may as well. Please let me know prices and dates available! I want him to catch tons of fish if at all possible. Thank y'all and God Bless!
Posted By: Buff2

Re: Guided Crappie Trip for Korean War Vet?? - 12/06/19 11:28 PM

I am probably too far away to take him but if you and your brother pay the $300.00 for the trip he can fish for free up here on LOP

Re: Guided Crappie Trip for Korean War Vet?? - 12/07/19 12:07 AM

I appreciate that Mr. Thomas! If I cannot find anything closer, then I will be in contact with you. Thanks!
Posted By: lurenthewind

Re: Guided Crappie Trip for Korean War Vet?? - 12/07/19 03:20 AM

Freedom is not free. Tell him we Thank Him from the bottom of our heart for his service to Our Country. I hope he gets to go soon. If I am still alive at 90, it will be very hard to beat a day of fishing!

Wayne

Re: Guided Crappie Trip for Korean War Vet?? - 12/08/19 12:37 AM

Will do!
Posted By: red snappa

Re: Guided Crappie Trip for Korean War Vet?? - 12/09/19 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by WyattYoung7
Good afternoon everyone, I am in need of a little help here. I have a good family friend of mine that has been like a third grandfather to me that is wanting to go on a guided trip for crappie. He is approaching his 90th birthday, but still shares the same excitement of catching fish as he did in his earlier years. He is a Korean War Veteran with a Purple Heart Medal for when he served as a Marine. He explained to me that he has worked hard to catch fish his whole life and now he thinks he deserves to sit down and just catch fish in comfort as I agree with him. He lives in the Gordon area which is just north of Stephenville about 30-45 minutes, so we would prefer to stay somewhat around that area if possible(Possum Kingdom, Bridgeport, Granbury, Leon, Hubbard Creek, etc. maybe???). I would love to get him on a bunch of fish and let him enjoy it while sitting down. No need to worry about babysitting him the whole time because he has plenty of spunk in him to fish the whole time, and he will keep you entertained with his great sense of humor and amazing stories. We will need a trip for either two or three of us as I will be joining him on the trip and my brother may as well. Please let me know prices and dates available! I want him to catch tons of fish if at all possible. Thank y'all and God Bless!

Originally Posted by Buff2
I am probably too far away to take him but if you and your brother pay the $300.00 for the trip he can fish for free up here on LOP

LOP would be my choice! It is producing really big crappie right now and Buff2 is as good a guide as any on Pines! That is cheap enough for 3, and again, Pines is producing huge crappie!
Posted By: Sangelle

Re: Guided Crappie Trip for Korean War Vet?? - 12/10/19 04:53 PM

Check with laner, he is top flight and has guided in your area
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Guided Crappie Trip for Korean War Vet?? - 12/11/19 12:23 PM

Eric Dulin, are you up for taking this on? I'll join you in Dallas area.
Tim
Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Re: Guided Crappie Trip for Korean War Vet?? - 12/11/19 12:44 PM

If you are willing to drive a little I would be proud to have this man on my boat at Lake Palestine . Nothing but respect for veterans!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum