Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool

Posted By: fishincuban

Joe Pool - 12/03/19 09:18 PM

Any reports? I have not been in weeks. Thanks.
Posted By: Sirjet

Re: Joe Pool - 12/03/19 10:15 PM

I was just thinking the same thing.
Have they started moving up into the creeks.
I know this lake is a big secret. Not looking for spots
just want to lip a few fish.
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: Joe Pool - 12/03/19 10:21 PM

I may go try out at the dam. I know there is a way to get to the dam off of Beltline I believe
I may go tomorrow after work

Re: Joe Pool - 12/03/19 10:27 PM

I think the area you are talking about has been closed for a while now. If it is open please let me know.
Over by the Corps of Engineers.
Posted By: Epic

Re: Joe Pool - 12/04/19 04:12 AM

They are up in the creeks in limited numbers. They haven’t moved in fully. It just hasn’t been cold enough yet to really drive them in in masses.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Joe Pool - 12/04/19 02:12 PM

Should be some in the creeks and some deep down by the dam.

Re: Joe Pool - 12/04/19 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bentman63
I may go try out at the dam. I know there is a way to get to the dam off of Beltline I believe
I may go tomorrow after work

Need Joe Pool to be releasing for it to be any good. Lake is about 3 ft low.

Re: Joe Pool - 12/04/19 02:36 PM

I have no idea where to find a creek

and SirJet, I googled and saw where it said it was closed.

Re: Joe Pool - 12/04/19 02:53 PM

Google maps. Just look for creeks feeding the lakes and you can see access points on them. I have spent hundreds of hours scouting out creeks this way. You can also see laydowns or stumps too depending on the lake level at the time of the image.

Re: Joe Pool - 12/04/19 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
Google maps. Just look for creeks feeding the lakes and you can see access points on them. I have spent hundreds of hours scouting out creeks this way. You can also see laydowns or stumps too depending on the lake level at the time of the image.

I pulled up Grapevine and circled what I see as creeks. I guess you just have to find some you can get to.I can take the boat and bank it and walk up into the creek if possible. That is, if I cant get the boat in up in it

[Linked Image]

Re: Joe Pool - 12/04/19 03:25 PM

Joe Pool doesn't show many creeks

I know Walnut Creek is there. I just have to figure out how to get to it by foot.Or beach the boat and walk from there
[Linked Image]

Re: Joe Pool - 12/04/19 03:54 PM

I know Walnut Creek is there. I just have to figure out how to get to it by foot.Or beach the boat and walk from there
[Linked Image]

You can access through Lloyd park. They have a trail that will take you straight down to the creek. I've always wanted to kayak it but haven't wanted to drag my kayak that far.

Re: Joe Pool - 12/04/19 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Epic (Thump Addicts Baits)

[Linked Image]

You can access through Lloyd park. They have a trail that will take you straight down to the creek. I've always wanted to kayak it but haven't wanted to drag my kayak that far.

Thx,I will try it tmrw after work

Re: Joe Pool - 12/04/19 04:54 PM

If things don't change by the end of the year. I will have many a days to fish. mad
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Joe Pool - 12/04/19 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Epic (Thump Addicts Baits)

[Linked Image]

How far is too far Justin ?? Did you know there is a yak launching area in Loyd that puts you right at the Walnut Creek Mouth?I`ve launched my 8ft pelican there SEVERAL TIMES a few winters back and tore em up!!

Re: Joe Pool - 12/04/19 06:18 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] & don`t overlook Bowman Creek at the Loyd Boat ramp it`s small and not as long as Walnut or Mountain Creek on the SW section of JP but give it a think.
coolio 2cents

Re: Joe Pool - 12/04/19 11:51 PM

Aw hell now you got me fooling feelish. I been going g to JP for 16 years and never knew that. Well to be fair I've only been in Lloyd plark 3 times. I usually launch from Britton or the marina.

Re: Joe Pool - 12/05/19 01:09 AM

Now you have a place to launch that yak and navigate all the way to 360 if you want to thumb
Posted By: maytag44

Re: Joe Pool - 12/06/19 04:31 PM

Anyone have an idea how deep the water is down Mountain Creek just south of Gifco Rd? It has been a couple years since I launched my jon boat at Briton Park and from my memory that area was shallow and with lake being low currently just curious if anyone been there lately?

For the individuals that are looking for a easy bank fishing creek, there is a super easy walk in spot on North side of Loyd Park. Google link of mouth of creek below:

https://goo.gl/maps/SgdQtD81WzQr89hZ7

Re: Joe Pool - 12/06/19 04:39 PM

Not very deep. It was shallow in the spring when the water was up. Now with the lake being almost 3 ft low I would think a lot of land is showing
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum