Texas Fishing Forum

Sad news about Lake Lewisville

Posted By: Fab

Sad news about Lake Lewisville - 11/27/19 02:07 AM

DRC article
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Sad news about Lake Lewisville - 11/27/19 02:48 AM

Somebody's butt is in a ringer...there should have been an alarm that notified appropriate personnel long before 400,000 gallons escaped.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Sad news about Lake Lewisville - 11/27/19 02:49 AM

Sucks to hear. It’s amazing to me how much sewage can spill into these lakes with no penalties. Seems like if there were come penalties maybe this wouldn’t happen so often
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Sad news about Lake Lewisville - 11/27/19 04:16 AM

Well, that stinks...I have been witing on the bite to wake up in that creek. Looks like I will be walking buck creek soon.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Sad news about Lake Lewisville - 11/27/19 04:45 AM

Stupidity at it's best! soap
Posted By: Sirjet

Re: Sad news about Lake Lewisville - 11/27/19 02:00 PM

That messes up my day. I was going to kayak the I-35 bridges today at noon mad mad mad
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Sad news about Lake Lewisville - 11/27/19 06:22 PM

Happens more than you know. When I used to live in Richardson along Rowlett creek it was covered in "floaties" along the bank every time we got a big rain. What is "floaties"? It's a term the sewer guys use for all the stuff people flush down the toilet they have to fish out before processing that mess. Things like Q tips, condoms, Tampons, etc.

Gotta write off these lakes in the metro...
Posted By: SheldonS

Re: Sad news about Lake Lewisville - 11/27/19 07:26 PM

It's not as big of a deal as you think. Couple of weeks and it will be converted by bacteria.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Sad news about Lake Lewisville - 11/27/19 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sirjet
That messes up my day. I was going to kayak the I-35 bridges today at noon mad mad mad

Should be fine to fish there. That is a LONG ways from the point at which it entered the water.
Posted By: BP5168

Re: Sad news about Lake Lewisville - 11/27/19 09:45 PM

Well that sucks. I was just out there and was going out today but didn't have enough time.
Posted By: donothin

Re: Sad news about Lake Lewisville - 11/27/19 11:24 PM

Dilution is the solution to pollution. At least for the fecal contamination and it will be taken care of very quickly by the friendly bugs. It is less than 2 ac ft of spill. Not sure of the capacity of Lewisville, but that is likely a very low percentage of the total. The floaties are not so much a health hazard but the plastics don't break down, like forever.
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: Sad news about Lake Lewisville - 11/30/19 08:08 PM

Trust me....it's had nothing to do with the bite at Lewisville. I've caught more 2#+ fish there in the last two weeks than I ever have on any lake including Fork.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum