Texas Fishing Forum

Brush Piles

Posted By: Bentman63

Brush Piles - 10/29/19 10:25 PM

I am going to drop some brush piles . Should I drop some around 20 ft and some around 10 ft?
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: Brush Piles - 10/29/19 10:27 PM

plan on the lake level when you want to fish them. Lakes are up 3-5 feet in the spring.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Brush Piles - 10/29/19 10:29 PM

It depends on the lake. Clearer water lakes go a little deeper. The 20 foot line always seems to be a good starting point for crappie. I'd try to drop one right at the end of a dropoff of some sort...i.e. point, roadbed, tank dam, etc.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Brush Piles - 10/29/19 11:12 PM

If you are talking about joe pool I would put them in 15-20 ft. Which would be 13-18 with the lake 2 ft low.

Re: Brush Piles - 10/30/19 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
If you are talking about joe pool I would put them in 15-20 ft. Which would be 13-18 with the lake 2 ft low.

I was going to put some in Joe Pool and Lake Arlington
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Brush Piles - 10/30/19 01:30 AM

I usually build locations in 15' water with bamboo tops that are 10' tall.

They don't always hold Crappie but for the most part after the Spawn, they will hold fish until the water temp drops below 50 degrees.

By that time of the year I don't spend that much time trying to catch them.
Posted By: lurenthewind

Re: Brush Piles - 10/30/19 05:00 PM

I would love to put out some of my own piles, but I fish Lake Lavon, which is a Corps of Eng. lake, because I live 5 minutes from the ramp and they won't allow it.

Wayne

Re: Brush Piles - 10/30/19 05:05 PM

I love Lavon. I may go there Saturday morning

Re: Brush Piles - 10/30/19 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by lurenthewind
I would love to put out some of my own piles, but I fish Lake Lavon, which is a Corps of Eng. lake, because I live 5 minutes from the ramp and they won't allow it.

Wayne

Most of the lakes around here are Corps lake but they all have brushpiles in them. juggle

Re: Brush Piles - 10/30/19 07:55 PM

Wayne

Most of the lakes around here are Corps lake but they all have brushpiles in them. juggle

Lake Arlington has some nice crappie, but very few brush piles.. maybe 2 brush piles

Joe Pool needs more ..

Re: Brush Piles - 10/30/19 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bentman63

Wayne

Lake Arlington has some nice crappie, but very few brush piles.. maybe 2 brush piles

Joe Pool needs more ..

2 brushpiles on lake arlington? roflmao

Re: Brush Piles - 10/30/19 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bentman63

Wayne

Joe Pool needs more ..

2 brushpiles on lake arlington? roflmao

That is all I know of there
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum