Texas Fishing Forum

Tournament pro caught cheating

Posted By: JSouther

Tournament pro caught cheating - 10/29/19 01:12 AM

Anybody see this? Paul Turner caught fishing a different lake at the crappie USA classic last weekend. This probably isn’t the first time is my guess. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: Tournament pro caught cheating - 10/29/19 02:04 AM

is there a link to the story ? nothing i could find on google
Posted By: JSouther

Re: Tournament pro caught cheating - 10/29/19 08:55 AM

I read it on Kansascrappieclub.com I can’t get the link to post for some reason but it’s under dockside on the options on the top left.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Tournament pro caught cheating - 10/29/19 11:45 AM

https://m.facebook.com/302038919864094/posts/2623134747754488?sfns=mo

https://www.kansascrappieclub.com/dockside
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Tournament pro caught cheating - 10/29/19 11:56 AM

They should've let him weigh in then taken him to jail.
Posted By: 21sammy

Re: Tournament pro caught cheating - 10/29/19 01:27 PM

https://www.wired2fish.com/news/crappie-angler-disqualified-banned-for-life-for-cheating/
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Tournament pro caught cheating - 10/29/19 01:37 PM

Wonder how big his sack was?
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Tournament pro caught cheating - 10/29/19 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat

Agreed, I guess the TD was his buddy
Posted By: BASSCATONE

Re: Tournament pro caught cheating - 10/29/19 09:30 PM

I understand that before he weighed in they pulled him aside and asked him if he wanted to weigh his fish and be charged with a felony or if he wanted to get his fish and leave. Barred lifetime from fishing their events.
Posted By: river-rat

Re: Tournament pro caught cheating - 10/29/19 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat

This

The story is all over Facebook
Posted By: Tim nichols

Re: Tournament pro caught cheating - 10/30/19 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Wonder how big his sack was?

Most likely smaller now for sure.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Tournament pro caught cheating - 10/30/19 02:32 AM

B&M corporate fisherman...hmmm, probably using a non B&M stick, as well. I got no sympathy for willfull cheaters. A simple oversight, I can understand, it happens...but this is just so far removed from an oversight, it’s not even funny. I saw where B&M corporate put their distance between him and them. Typical corporate response, IMO. All that, for a basket of fish, seems outrageous.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Tournament pro caught cheating - 10/30/19 03:21 AM

Here\s his guide business page. He doesn't mention it there.

https://turnerfishing.com/
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Tournament pro caught cheating - 10/30/19 12:55 PM

it's sad. I have to believe that this was not their first time doing this... frown
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Tournament pro caught cheating - 10/30/19 04:05 PM

Glad he was caught! Tournament crappie fishing rocks! Anytime you have a crowd and money involved something like this can happen, but don't let it take away from how awesome all these organizations are. If you want to become a better crappie angler there's no better way than tournament fishing hands down. You can watch all the youtube videos and facebook posts you want. Nothing will replace time on the water and facing the fish on different bodies of water and in different seasons! Can't wait for next year!!

Slew thumb
Posted By: UJC

Re: Tournament pro caught cheating - 10/31/19 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by crapicat
B&M corporate fisherman...hmmm, probably using a non B&M stick, as well. I got no sympathy for willfull cheaters. A simple oversight, I can understand, it happens...but this is just so far removed from an oversight, it’s not even funny. I saw where B&M corporate put their distance between him and them. Typical corporate response, IMO. All that, for a basket of fish, seems outrageous.

Please note BnM rid themselves of this scum prior to this tournament when he was under suspicion and without video evidence. I think BnM corporate action/statement was spot on.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Tournament pro caught cheating - 11/04/19 04:26 AM

Yea, I read that too...just reportedly, that he was wearing the company shirt when he went up weigh in...so, I don’t put much stock in it.
Posted By: Duck_Jerky

Re: Tournament pro caught cheating - 11/04/19 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by crapicat
Yea, I read that too...just reportedly, that he was wearing the company shirt when he went up weigh in...so, I don’t put much stock in it.

Just to put this information to bed. The participant was not wearing B'n'M sponsored attire at the weigh in. Feel free to watch the day 2 weigh-in on Crappie USA's FB page...the situation comes to light in about the 53rd minute. As soon as there was suspicious activity back in August, the participant's relationship was dissolved.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum