Texas Fishing Forum

How I Made My Livescope Transducer Pole. Version 4.0

Posted By: Asleep At The Reel

How I Made My Livescope Transducer Pole. Version 4.0 - 10/26/19 12:36 AM

Several have asked me how I made my transducer pole for Livescope so I made a video. I have been through many test phases, in fact up to version 3.9 the last go around. Think I have it now, thanks to Matt Xenos with Wired For Crappie on Youtube.

Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: How I Made My Livescope Transducer Pole. Version 4.0 - 10/26/19 01:55 AM

clap

Instead of the long handle that requires a wide sweep to change transducer position, look into making a device similar to the ProKonTrol for trolling motors. A slight push forward or pull backward will spin the transducer 360°.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Asleep At The Reel

Re: How I Made My Livescope Transducer Pole. Version 4.0 - 10/26/19 10:56 AM

Dang, I may have version 5.0 coming. LOL

Re: How I Made My Livescope Transducer Pole. Version 4.0 - 10/26/19 11:17 AM

clap
Posted By: pop r

Re: How I Made My Livescope Transducer Pole. Version 4.0 - 10/26/19 03:34 PM

thumb
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: How I Made My Livescope Transducer Pole. Version 4.0 - 10/26/19 04:37 PM

thumb Seems to get the job done for a lot less than $300.
Thanks for sharing and helping fellow fishermen save some bucks.
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: How I Made My Livescope Transducer Pole. Version 4.0 - 10/26/19 06:22 PM

thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: How I Made My Livescope Transducer Pole. Version 4.0 - 10/26/19 06:43 PM

Nicely done! thumb
Posted By: Slab Killa

Re: How I Made My Livescope Transducer Pole. Version 4.0 - 10/27/19 01:06 AM

Ridiculous that you spend $3k for a livescope and have to make your own ducer mount to be able to use it properly

Sure wish garmin would get their head in the game and understand that mounting to a trolling motor is a waste of time

If they would, I’d buy tomorrow
Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: How I Made My Livescope Transducer Pole. Version 4.0 - 10/27/19 01:21 AM

Instead of the long handle that requires a wide sweep to change transducer position, look into making a device similar to the ProKonTrol for trolling motors. A slight push forward or pull backward will spin the transducer 360°.

[Linked Image]

I made one like this for mine with pvc. works great to point the transducer with.

Re: How I Made My Livescope Transducer Pole. Version 4.0 - 10/27/19 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Slab Killa
Ridiculous that you spend $3k for a livescope and have to make your own ducer mount to be able to use it properly

Sure wish garmin would get their head in the game and understand that mounting to a trolling motor is a waste of time

If they would, I’d buy tomorrow

I can definitely sympathize since I just bought my livescope and poleducer. Most of these transducer mounts are highly specialized to fit individual platforms. The cost for Garmin to build, engineer, and adapt their livescope system to custom fit every platform and fishing style would be astronomical and that cost would be passed on to the consumer. With a little redneck engineering, you end up saving $$$ and end up with a system that fits your platform and fishing style.
Posted By: Slab Killa

Re: How I Made My Livescope Transducer Pole. Version 4.0 - 10/27/19 06:34 PM

Yeah I get all that I just wish garmin would make a “pole ducer” to mount the ducer and that deploys and stores professionally

I spend a lot of time making sure my boat looks nice and don’t want to redneck it up with emt conduit or pvc just to use the garmin
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: How I Made My Livescope Transducer Pole. Version 4.0 - 10/28/19 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Slab Killa
Yeah I get all that I just wish garmin would make a “pole ducer” to mount the ducer and that deploys and stores professionally

I spend a lot of time making sure my boat looks nice and don’t want to redneck it up with emt conduit or pvc just to use the garmin

Then get the PoleDucer from Shut Up And Fish
Posted By: 262620

Re: How I Made My Livescope Transducer Pole. Version 4.0 - 10/28/19 06:48 PM

I did that. Not happy with it. Think the PVC thing would work just as well and save $250.00.
Posted By: jpeveto

Re: How I Made My Livescope Transducer Pole. Version 4.0 - 11/06/19 01:50 AM

If you bought the poleducer and not happy with would be interested in selling it. I don’t really need the RAM mount but for the right price I will be interested. You can call or text me at (409) 988-9622.

Thanks
Posted By: jpeveto

Re: How I Made My Livescope Transducer Pole. Version 4.0 - 11/06/19 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by 262620
I did that. Not happy with it. Think the PVC thing would work just as well and save $250.00.

If you bought the poleducer and not happy with would be interested in selling it. I don’t really need the RAM mount but for the right price I will be interested. You can call or text me at (409) 988-9622.

Thanks
Posted By: HOGON

Re: How I Made My Livescope Transducer Pole. Version 4.0 - 11/06/19 03:00 AM

https://www.liftsavertmmount.com/ls-transducer-pole

Another Option.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum