Texas Fishing Forum

crappie barges/houses

Posted By: Bentman63

crappie barges/houses - 10/25/19 12:50 PM

I don't really want to take the boat out in 13 mph winds tomorrow
Are there any crappie barges that hold crappie this time of year?
Posted By: fishin'aholic2

Re: crappie barges/houses - 10/25/19 01:43 PM

I would just take the boat out and find some sheltered places. The barges aren't really going yet from what I am hearing. Needs to get really cold for them.
Posted By: Fluke Meister

Re: crappie barges/houses - 10/25/19 01:45 PM

I had the same thought. There’s a fishing barge on Lewisville. I’ve seen it from the water but I’ve never been in it. Don’t know anything about fishing it.
Posted By: fishin'aholic2

Re: crappie barges/houses - 10/25/19 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Fluke Meister
I had the same thought. There’s a fishing barge on Lewisville. I’ve seen it from the water but I’ve never been in it. Don’t know anything about fishing it.

Fishing barges are hit or miss at best and most of the time they are a miss. The Joe Pool one was good before they moved it and now it stinks. If you go, the lower the expectations you have the better LOL
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: crappie barges/houses - 10/25/19 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
Originally Posted by Fluke Meister

Fishing barges are hit or miss at best and most of the time they are a miss. The Joe Pool one was good before they moved it and now it stinks. If you go, the lower the expectations you have the better LOL

I AGREE
© 2022 Texas Fishing Forum