Texas Fishing Forum

Fork and Pines

Posted By: red snappa

Fork and Pines - 09/16/19 07:30 PM

Posting for the last two weeks. Week before last I hit Fork with a best friend from childhood and Navy days. I started the morning off with some hawgs! We finally settled on 12FOW to catch some eaters for Jon. He stopped keeping at 15, but we had a blast catching way more than a limit! Man was it hot out there with no wind, and we called it quits at 1:00. All fish were caught on Thermocline Lures 2" tadpole in Pearl Ice with a Mad Crappie Jigs 1/8 oz jighead in Tinkerbell custom color.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Pines was a scouting mission and did not disappoint. Just near every piece of structure I could find from 5-25 FOW had crappie on it! All but about 3 of the crappie I caught were blacks. I didn't have any braggers, but I caught around 35 to 40 crappie, give or take a few. It was blistering hot out with almost no wind and I got off the water at noon. I most of em by pitching the jig and letting it swing into them. I started with 1/16 oz and switched to 1/8 oz which produced a steady bite. Thermocline Lures 2" tadpole in Pearl Ice was the winner on Pines.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: pop r

Re: Fork and Pines - 09/16/19 08:02 PM

Awesome post! coolphotos
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Fork and Pines - 09/16/19 08:12 PM

clap

That boat has good mojo!!
Posted By: Pot licker