Texas Fishing Forum

September Crappie Fishing, The Lake Has Changed

Posted By: Asleep At The Reel

September Crappie Fishing, The Lake Has Changed - 09/15/19 08:55 PM

Guys I do not know about you, but our lake has changed. The water temps have gone down, but the outside air is hotter. Did the lake flip? Within one week I went from catching fish at 12-14 feet deep to 4-10 feet deep.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: September Crappie Fishing, The Lake Has Changed - 09/15/19 11:09 PM

Neat video. Thanks for sharing. thumb

Re: September Crappie Fishing, The Lake Has Changed - 09/16/19 04:28 AM

Thank you!
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: September Crappie Fishing, The Lake Has Changed - 09/16/19 01:00 PM

Not for sure about your lakes, but where I fish they haven't turned over yet. But the water is cooler, around 4-6 degrees, and patterns have changed. The day temps are cooler and the night temps have dropped for a longer period as well. If you can't bird hunt its a great time to be on the water... thumb
Posted By: pop r

Re: September Crappie Fishing, The Lake Has Changed - 09/16/19 05:45 PM

thumb Awesome post!
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: September Crappie Fishing, The Lake Has Changed - 09/16/19 06:03 PM

We fished Fork , FRi-Sun, usually from 9am til about 2-3pm. WE had a great bite all three days on brush piles and trees.
Fish were in 16-23 feet usually 2-4 feet off the bottom...jigs were slow, but minnow nose hooked and moving up and down slowly
was the ticket. Water Temps were low 90s to 88-89 mostly. One brush pile actually had a large school of crappie that seemed to be schooling
around the pile,...they would come and go at about 15 feet, over a 22 foot pile, never saw that before. And bite like crazy, then swim
off, and come back in about 5 min, then repeat...weird . we caught 55, 75, and 73 in three days, all released for another day.
2/3 would have kept, with about 4-5 over 2#... fish

Re: September Crappie Fishing, The Lake Has Changed - 09/16/19 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by JIM SR.
We fished Fork , FRi-Sun, usually from 9am til about 2-3pm. WE had a great bite all three days on brush piles and trees.
Fish were in 16-23 feet usually 2-4 feet off the bottom...jigs were slow, but minnow nose hooked and moving up and down slowly
was the ticket. Water Temps were low 90s to 88-89 mostly. One brush pile actually had a large school of crappie that seemed to be schooling
around the pile,...they would come and go at about 15 feet, over a 22 foot pile, never saw that before. And bite like crazy, then swim
off, and come back in about 5 min, then repeat...weird . we caught 55, 75, and 73 in three days, all released for another day.
2/3 would have kept, with about 4-5 over 2#... fish

It is funny how lake are so different while so close together. I have been out of town for a week and stuff going on this week, so next week will be two weeks since I fished. Our best bite in this video was 8-6 feet down. Well, the fish were there, the bottom was 14-22. We are 45 minutes from each other and have a totally different fishing experience. Sounds like you had a good time yanking lips.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum