Texas Fishing Forum

slips

Posted By: hawghoover

slips - 09/12/19 12:00 PM

does anyone ever catch Crappie this time of year in the slips? if so how?
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: slips - 09/12/19 01:57 PM

If you are talking about grapevine there are always fish in the slips. There are more in the Fall, Winter and Spring. I would look for brush about 10 ft down and use minnows. You will catch a lot of dinks and few keepers right now. Some years are different. When the lake was high all summer a few years ago. I was catching limits of 12-13 inch fish from the slips in late July. Twin coves is the worse marina on the lake for crappie IMO. It is so far back in the cove, the spring is when it shines. Scott's landing is the best because of the depth and how big the cove is. Silverlake is also good but it is too deep a lot of the year (slips on the north side are in 45-50 ft of water. This is all based on my experience of fishing slips out there for years.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: slips - 09/12/19 02:00 PM

This is a video I did a couple years back when I had a slip out at silverlake. This was the same time of year.

Re: slips - 09/12/19 05:42 PM

i really do bad at Grapevine in the summer.now iv sold my boat im stuck in the slips all year.

Re: slips - 09/12/19 08:49 PM

think i will go there in the morning.havent been in 4 months
Posted By: Cigga

Re: slips - 09/12/19 08:51 PM

Summertime, I fish my slip at night. My slip and few of my neighbors slip have green light installed so I fished the lights mainly. Submerged lights and above lights. Lots of sandbass with crappie mixed in the lights.
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: slips - 09/12/19 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by hawghoover
i really do bad at Grapevine in the summer.now iv sold my boat im stuck in the slips all year.

PM sent
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum