Texas Fishing Forum

New to lake Livingston

Posted By: workRfish

New to lake Livingston - 09/08/19 10:29 PM

Can anyone help me out on lake Livingston close to the 190 bridge ,. I ve tried the river and creek drop offs with not much luck using jugs and chad .Any help would be greatly appreciated . New to the lake. THANKS
Posted By: Floorboss

Re: New to lake Livingston - 09/09/19 03:55 PM

You need to fish in Kickapoo starting next month (October) through until May. Right now the fish are scattered on brush and standing timber in 15-20 feet deep. But when it starts to cool off they will follow the shad up the creeks. If you go out now learn the creek, find the channel and the brush. Until you learn how the creek flows, use the boat ramp at Broken Arrow. They are up the creek off FM 3152. Another creek to learn is White Rock in Trinity County, I use the Public Ramp on Hiway 94 or White Rock City ramp. I forgot WELCOME TO THE FORUM, glad your here.
Posted By: pop r

Re: New to lake Livingston - 09/09/19 05:03 PM

welcome

Re: New to lake Livingston - 09/09/19 11:39 PM

THANKS Floorboss for the info what about putting in at Kickapoo , is it fairly easy to navigate up in the creek from down there .

Re: New to lake Livingston - 09/10/19 07:35 PM

Yes Broken Arrow is about half way up the creek. when you come out of the Marina to the left is down stream toward the lake ; to the right is upstream.

Re: New to lake Livingston - 09/10/19 11:32 PM

Yes sir I tried to navigate back in there , got back around the small island and the other one ran up on a stump just under the water . Didnt hit it very hard , but turned around and went back saw a bunch either barely under or barely above the water . I need to find someone to follow the first time .

Re: New to lake Livingston - 09/11/19 01:40 PM

call me 936-293-9129
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum