Texas Fishing Forum

Pepop's Jigs Showed out again

Posted By: CoachTod

Pepop's Jigs Showed out again - 08/26/19 02:04 AM

Pepop's Jigs or should I say jig was the ticket yesterday on Ray Bob. 1 jig ( 1/8 oz Pearl Truese) on one pile produced 21 good 'uns.

Attached picture 68993898_2605986099425667_3751996469582757888_o.jpg
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Pepop's Jigs Showed out again - 08/26/19 02:05 AM

bow_down

Slay Them Slabs Coach!!

Re: Pepop's Jigs Showed out again - 08/26/19 02:09 AM

Thanks Hogon! I was thinking about your Heat Exhaustion thread while I out there. Wind died and it got hot fast. Thank goodness for cooling rag, wide brim heat, 2 bags of ice, and 10 bottles of water!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Pepop's Jigs Showed out again - 08/26/19 02:59 AM

Nice haul! thumb
Posted By: BJH ( JUST JIGGING)

Re: Pepop's Jigs Showed out again - 08/26/19 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by CoachTod
Thanks Hogon! I was thinking about your Heat Exhaustion thread while I out there. Wind died and it got hot fast. Thank goodness for cooling rag, wide brim heat, 2 bags of ice, and 10 bottles of water!

Man i ain't got that mad at them yet!!!!!
roflmao
Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Re: Pepop's Jigs Showed out again - 08/26/19 11:11 AM

Got to love Pepops jigs!!!
Posted By: SK.

Re: Pepop's Jigs Showed out again - 08/26/19 12:12 PM

Super nice box of fish and I know it was fun putting them in the boat.....
Pepop ties some mean jigs.....
This heat ain't no joke and precautions have to be taken to enjoy a day out on the water while the temps are like they are now......
Stay At'um.....

Re: Pepop's Jigs Showed out again - 08/26/19 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by SK.
Super nice box of fish and I know it was fun putting them in the boat.....
Pepop ties some mean jigs.....
This heat ain't no joke and precautions have to be taken to enjoy a day out on the water while the temps are like they are now......
Stay At'um.....

Thanks SK. I put some of your tips into action. Keep those videos coming. Love 'em
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Pepop's Jigs Showed out again - 08/26/19 02:15 PM

Thats a good mess! cheers
Posted By: pop r

Re: Pepop's Jigs Showed out again - 08/26/19 02:19 PM

cheers Nicely done Coach!
Posted By: crope1

Re: Pepop's Jigs Showed out again - 08/26/19 06:50 PM

Thanks for the tips. Where did you buy your cooling rag? Have a Blessed Day!

Re: Pepop's Jigs Showed out again - 08/26/19 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by crope1

Thanks for the tips. Where did you buy your cooling rag? Have a Blessed Day!

Hi crope1,

The wife got me one of those frogg toggs chilly pad. I believe she ordered it online. It works pretty good and I've used it a few times, but to be honest I re-purpose old white t-shirts. I dunk them in the cooler of ice water and put them on my bald head under the wide brim hat. Works great, but very low on the fashion scale laugh
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Pepop's Jigs Showed out again - 08/27/19 11:41 AM

Nice catch Coach thumb Luv those PePop jigs...except when I hang one up and have to fight the urge to go in after it roflmao

Re: Pepop's Jigs Showed out again - 08/27/19 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by bush hog
Nice catch Coach thumb Luv those PePop jigs...except when I hang one up and have to fight the urge to go in after it roflmao

bush hog, I certainly know what you mean on the urge to go after it. I use 20 lb braid with a 10 lb fluorocarbon leader on all my crappie reels. Unless a fish wraps me, typically a slow steady pull will bend the hook on those Pepop Jigs. (another plus over store boughts)
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Pepop's Jigs Showed out again - 08/27/19 11:30 PM

I would jump in and go after a jig, but I'm afraid it would get hotter. 112 here yesterday! flame
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum