Texas Fishing Forum

Replacing lowrance question

Posted By: Andwebb

Replacing lowrance question - 08/23/19 12:49 AM

I currently have a Lowrance elite 5 HDI and looking to get something new. My main question is will I have to replace the transducer? I’m not going to live scope yet I just want a good unit to find brush piles and a more accurate GPS. Thanks in advance for yalls help.
Posted By: MAK747

Re: Replacing lowrance question - 08/23/19 01:38 PM

The HDI transducer will connect directly to any HDS Touch units if that's the direction you decide to go. You may want to consider buying a good used unit as you can get a lot of bang for your buck.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Replacing lowrance question - 08/23/19 07:34 PM

If you are asking about a unit for the console you will want to try and upgrade to something with SI/DI. This will require a different transducer. If it is for the bow then what MAK stated above is what you will go by. You can also find a used unit with SI/DI out there as well.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Replacing lowrance question - 08/23/19 07:58 PM

If you go up to side imaging you’ll need a different transducer, the SI/sonar units for lowrance have two different transducers. The older side imaging units like the elite 7 HDS are really good. Keep your eyes peeled for floor models too, those usually sell for cheap.
Posted By: Andwebb

Re: Replacing lowrance question - 08/24/19 12:48 AM

I appreciate all the info. I may have to find a way to replace the transducer.
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Replacing lowrance question - 08/24/19 12:14 PM

HDS7 Carbon is on sale at The GPS Store. Totalscan transducer is included...https://www.thegpsstore.com/Lowrance-HDS7-Carbon-TotalScan-Bundle-P5209.aspx
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum