Texas Fishing Forum

Those little speckled fish will drive you crazy.

Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Those little speckled fish will drive you crazy. - 08/09/19 06:47 PM

Fished today with James and Dan. 6:30-8:30 fished 7 brushpiles with only two small fish to show for it. Moved to #8 and quickly put 26 in the livewell. quit at 11:00 AM with over 50 keepers caught, kept 42 of the biggest.

Same depth as earlier, same type brushpiles just wouldn't bite earlier. Did they just start biting or what? Go figure.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Those little speckled fish will drive you crazy. - 08/09/19 07:48 PM

I've always wondered if the angle of the sun changes how crappie see your bait and initiate a strike. You're not the first one this week that has mentioned the bite turning on after 9:00 in the morning.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Those little speckled fish will drive you crazy. - 08/10/19 12:43 PM

This time of year, I always seem to do better later in the day. I always tell myself any fish before 9-10 am is a bonus.
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Those little speckled fish will drive you crazy. - 08/10/19 02:42 PM

Who knows...But more justification for having spot lock. If I had to drag an anchor like I used to, I would prolly stay at the dock, this time of year. thumb
Posted By: SK.

Re: Those little speckled fish will drive you crazy. - 08/10/19 05:31 PM

My motto..... move, move and move more so in the summer than ever.... I'l bet those piles 1-7 had fish on them but they were not feeding..... Active fish is the target....
Posted By: Mo

Re: Those little speckled fish will drive you crazy. - 08/12/19 07:27 PM

Did the first piles show fish on your livescope ?

I have often wondered " are the fish not here or not biting ? " You livescope folks should be able to answer that for us.

Good Luck

Mo
Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: Those little speckled fish will drive you crazy. - 08/12/19 07:31 PM

Yes they had fish. looked like small crappie or bluegills, just wouldn't bite.
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Those little speckled fish will drive you crazy. - 08/14/19 04:05 PM

At least you guys in the boats are finding them. This bank bound guy has only caught one dink crappie, in the Elm Fork, over the last 2.5 months! My crappie season kicks off in November, although last fall, October turned out to be a pretty darn good Pre-Season!
Posted By: Buff2

Re: Those little speckled fish will drive you crazy. - 08/14/19 05:22 PM

Same situation one LOP I go early hoping to beat the heat and end up catching all my fish in the middle of the day.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum