Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin Panoptix Livescope

Posted By: Lollygagger

Garmin Panoptix Livescope - 08/02/19 09:27 PM

What equipment is necessary to use the Garmin Panoptix Livescope? Do you have to have other electronics in addition to the Livescope (such as a different unit for lake maps, way points, down imaging, side imaging, & 2D Sonar) or is the Livescope just another "page" on the unit itself? If you need other units, does Lowrance or Hummingbird units work with the Garmin or does it need to be all Garmin? Which trolling motor works best with the Livescope? I like asking people that actually use these on their boats and not companies like BPS or Cabelas who are just trying to sell me something.
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Garmin Panoptix Livescope - 08/02/19 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lollygagger
What equipment is necessary to use the Garmin Panoptix Livescope? Do you have to have other electronics in addition to the Livescope (such as a different unit for lake maps, way points, down imaging, side imaging, & 2D Sonar) or is the Livescope just another "page" on the unit itself? If you need other units, does Lowrance or Hummingbird units work with the Garmin or does it need to be all Garmin? Which trolling motor works best with the Livescope? I like asking people that actually use these on their boats and not companies like BPS or Cabelas who are just trying to sell me something.

I’m a big believer in LVS. 93sv ($1000) and livescope transducer($1500)are minimum. It has all sonars and maps already loaded. I have the motorguide xi5, but it does not communicate with Garmins. That’s not necessary to have trolling motor talk to the Garmin. I have videos on my channel using LVS to catch fish.
Tim
Posted By: Lollygagger

Re: Garmin Panoptix Livescope - 08/03/19 02:24 AM

Thank you (Skunked Again Fishing) for the info!
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Garmin Panoptix Livescope - 08/03/19 02:52 PM

While not necessary, independent mounting of the LV transducer is a real plus.
Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: Garmin Panoptix Livescope - 08/03/19 03:47 PM

The more experience you get with these units the more you learn about about what features are best.
My first unit was the 93sv. A good basic unit with touch screen. If you want to make many recordings I would get a 1042 xsv with touch screen.

The touch screen is more important than I at first thought. I am getting a new unit now. 8610xsv touch.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Garmin Panoptix Livescope - 08/03/19 07:25 PM

Feel free to give me a call. I would be happy to assist you with any questions, quotes, etc...

We also created a system to mount the transducer/s vs mounting to the trolling motor giving you the ability to point the transducer at your target at all times.
Posted By: lurenthewind

Re: Garmin Panoptix Livescope - 08/04/19 03:05 AM

David installed a PoleDucer on my boat and it is the cat's meow for crappie fishing. LS teaches you a lot about how fish react to bait, noise, vibrations from the boat, etc. I have not had mine very long, but I learn something every time I go out.

Wayne
Posted By: Tim nichols

Re: Garmin Panoptix Livescope - 08/04/19 11:16 PM

Hey Ernest why is a touch screen so important I was thinking about a 1242 for me.
Posted By: redloon

Re: Garmin Panoptix Livescope - 08/05/19 12:22 AM

When my ship comes in, I'm getting one of these: Garmin GPSMAP 8424 MFD. A real deal at $11,900.00. smile
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Garmin Panoptix Livescope - 08/05/19 01:09 AM

one,..? you'll need one on the console too... fish fish

Re: Garmin Panoptix Livescope - 08/05/19 01:30 PM

Hey Ernest why is a touch screen so important I was thinking about a 1242 for me.

Very. You can zoom in on the brush with the touch so much better and adjustments are easier.

Buy my 1242 AND SAVE THE TAX

I will replace it with a 8610 sxv touch . Double the resolution plus touch.
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Garmin Panoptix Livescope - 08/05/19 06:29 PM

hmmm

T-bone steak $10.97 lb
Crappie $59.97 lb. clap Tastes so good.
Posted By: cellis

Re: Garmin Panoptix Livescope - 08/05/19 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ken Gaby
T-bone steak $10.97 lb

Crappie $59.97 lb. clap Tastes so good.

grin
Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

Re: Garmin Panoptix Livescope - 08/05/19 08:27 PM

If you don't have spot lock, you will need that. Because your eyes will shift from looking at the buoy or maps monitor to manually stay on spot to looking at livescope. You can't look at both at the same time. As soon as you look at livescope you drift off your spot.
Posted By: Tim nichols

Re: Garmin Panoptix Livescope - 08/06/19 03:28 AM

Sent you a pm Ernest
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: Garmin Panoptix Livescope - 08/06/19 09:41 AM

I'm still not that good of a crappie fisherman, so I think my cost per pound is closer to $79/lb! hmmm

Re: Garmin Panoptix Livescope - 08/06/19 11:00 PM

If you don't have spot lock, you will need that. Because your eyes will shift from looking at the buoy or maps monitor to manually stay on spot to looking at livescope. You can't look at both at the same time. As soon as you look at livescope you drift off your spot.

That's what spot lock is for. You don't move unless you want to move.
Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

Re: Garmin Panoptix Livescope - 08/07/19 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by ERNEST PATY

Yeah right. But my point is that you need spot lock with with livescope, otherwise you will not be able to look at the livescope monitor. I know guys that love their foot peddle and manually staying on spots, doesn't really work with livescope, because your eyes must be glued on the buoy. I didn't realize this until I got livescope, you can't look at buoy and livescope at same time.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Garmin Panoptix Livescope - 08/07/19 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by FishingGuy
you can't look at buoy and livescope at same time.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Garmin Panoptix Livescope - 08/07/19 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by FishingGuy
Originally Posted by ERNEST PATY

Yeah right. But my point is that you need spot lock with with livescope, otherwise you will not be able to look at the livescope monitor. I know guys that love their foot peddle and manually staying on spots, doesn't really work with livescope, because your eyes must be glued on the buoy. I didn't realize this until I got livescope, you can't look at buoy and livescope at same time.

I have not used a buoy since I have had Livescope. In Fact...I have never driven over a waypoint since I have had Livescope.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum