Texas Fishing Forum

It's hot and I'm...

Posted By: ERNEST PATY

It's hot and I'm... - 07/31/19 05:32 PM

DONE. I will not fish much until it cools off a bit. The fish are biting good at Lewisville (25-40 keepers per morning) but by 10:00 am it's just too hot for us old guys. Fish are starting to hit jigs better so we have abandoned the minnows until the fish tell us otherwise. Saves a lot of money and trouble too.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: It's hot and I'm... - 07/31/19 05:46 PM

It is definitely hot. I will probably jump in the lake at least 5 times tomorrow.
Posted By: sticknstring

Re: It's hot and I'm... - 07/31/19 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
It is definitely hot. I will probably jump in the lake at least 5 times tomorrow.

lol_2
Amen to that!!
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: It's hot and I'm... - 07/31/19 07:55 PM

Today wasn't as bad with a little breeze, but yesterday was murder.
Posted By: boocat

Re: It's hot and I'm... - 07/31/19 10:06 PM

I'm with ya bud.. Historically it's looking like about mid September. And all the urchins are back in skool.
Posted By: Texas Grown

Re: It's hot and I'm... - 07/31/19 11:07 PM

I know what ya mean Mr. Paty. I winterized my boat the first of June. I've had heat sickness one to many times. And I'd just as soon someone not have to go fishing for my body instead of the fish. grin

Joking aside, I don't wanna put my family through something like my medical or worse. I'll just wait till it cools down a bit. And fish fall through winter. And into the springtime again. smile

(yes, I do wear a PFD, all the time. thumb)
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: It's hot and I'm... - 08/01/19 03:09 AM

fish fish at NIGHT DUH
Posted By: Dwight Hardy

Re: It's hot and I'm... - 08/01/19 10:05 AM

What’s heck is my fishing hole stayed flooded most all spring and ramps closed up until last week. Now that it’s getting fishable and the ramps are opening back up it has got to dang hot. Will make a few daylight till about 9am trips but not many. Generally around 9am the bite slows down.
I have a good bit of crappie and blue cat in the freezer from winter so I’m good to go.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: It's hot and I'm... - 08/01/19 01:59 PM

We'll still fish, shade helps. We take all the precautions, and always stay hydrated.
We go out early and stay til about noon,

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SK.

Re: It's hot and I'm... - 08/01/19 02:58 PM

As much as we all complain about the winds it's coming that will be begging for a breeze.....

No minnas is always a good thing....... Always lizard
Posted By: Lake Life

Re: It's hot and I'm... - 08/01/19 03:57 PM

Jim Sr., I am loving that umbrella setup. I fished yesterday and would have loved to have that rig.

Re: It's hot and I'm... - 08/01/19 07:43 PM

Well darn, I got to go tomorrow. My property manager needs some fish. They better bite early.
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: It's hot and I'm... - 08/01/19 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by ERNEST PATY
Well darn, I got to go tomorrow. My property manager needs some fish. They better bite early.

You're like me...... holding off a long time is hard to do. Get on 'em !
Tim

Re: It's hot and I'm... - 08/02/19 10:40 PM

Managed to stay out until 10:30. Really calm and hot. Brought her 21 nice ones though. All on 2" sassy shads chart/pink on brush in 16'-20' deep water.
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: It's hot and I'm... - 08/08/19 08:29 PM

Just got home today from seven days at Fork. It was VERY HOT, but so were the crappie. I'm going tomorrow to another lake. Can't get enough of this big fish bite that seems to be going on at all our lakes.

Re: It's hot and I'm... - 08/09/19 06:57 PM

I must be a fisherman because I sure lie a lot. I just can't seem to quit going, hot or not. Just quit by 11:00 and it's not bad.
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: It's hot and I'm... - 08/10/19 02:55 PM

Its hard to leave um biting... roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum