Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance Fish Finder

Posted By: IGG

Lowrance Fish Finder - 07/31/19 02:51 AM

I tried to get information from general equipment, etc. without any luck, since I fish for crappie I thought I would give this a try. If it is not supposed to be in the section, please delete....

I have a Lowrance Hook 5HDI and have two problems, the first is I don't know how to put the lake map on the screen by itself, the guy at Bass Pro set it up with split screens for about 4 different applications. The second problem is when I try to mark a waypoint a notice comes on the screen and asks if I want to save the waypoint or cancel, I don't know what key I should push to save the location, thanks for any help you might give an old man.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Lowrance Fish Finder - 07/31/19 01:32 PM

Cant answer the first question, but the second one you definitely hit the save the waypoint option
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Lowrance Fish Finder - 07/31/19 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by IGG
I tried to get information from general equipment, etc. without any luck, since I fish for crappie I thought I would give this a try. If it is not supposed to be in the section, please delete....

I have a Lowrance Hook 5HDI and have two problems, the first is I don't know how to put the lake map on the screen by itself, the guy at Bass Pro set it up with split screens for about 4 different applications. The second problem is when I try to mark a waypoint a notice comes on the screen and asks if I want to save the waypoint or cancel, I don't know what key I should push to save the location, thanks for any help you might give an old man.

PM sent
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Lowrance Fish Finder - 07/31/19 10:37 PM

I hope fishbonz helps you. I have a couple of Hook2-5’s and it was a chore to figure them out. I think I have got it right by now.
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Lowrance Fish Finder - 08/01/19 05:34 AM

Its ok unit but i will never buy a lowrance product again ever.
Posted By: Asleep At The Reel

Re: Lowrance Fish Finder - 08/01/19 09:53 AM

I wish I could help. I will say that I had Hell trying to figure out the Lowrance as I have 2 of them, BUT now that I figured it out, I have to say that I think I like it better than that Humminbird that I have. My boat came with 2 Humminbirds that are networked, but they only have Sonar. I could probably add a transducer to make things better, but I had 2 Lowrance already from the old boat so I just put them in. I am about to take the front one out as now that I have Livescope I find that I do not use it, plus it was mounted at the bottom of my trolling motor and when a wave pushed me on a stump yesterday it broke the transducer off, so time for that one to go!
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Lowrance Fish Finder - 08/01/19 08:08 PM

When we got our new boat, it came with two Hook2-5’s. The front one and the console one are different models. Took the boat out and neither worked. Came home and read everything I could find on the units and found that the front one should have been at the console. They were installed backwards, but the different transducers were in their proper place. So...nothing worked, each being on wrong transducers. So I swapped them to their correct transducers. The front one still didn’t work. Took it to the dealer and found that the front one was defective. They replaced it. Now both work. But...I gotta tell ya, if you don’t play with them enough, you’ll never figure them out.

I’ll probably eventually replace them, even though they are practically new, with something better and more intuitive, though at this time I have no idea what that would be. My previous unit, on another boat, was a Lowrance Elite 7, and I did fine with it.

I know enough about fish finders that I know that I don’t know enough to pick a new one and get it right.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Lowrance Fish Finder - 08/02/19 07:55 AM

You tube tutorials can save a lot of brain damage.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum