Texas Fishing Forum

After Dark Crappie?

Posted By: DMOutdoors

After Dark Crappie? - 07/30/19 04:38 PM

New to the forum, but have not seen many folks talking about crappie fishing at night. Anyone have any after dark reports lately? Headed back out to Tawokoni this weekend to give it a go.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: After Dark Crappie? - 07/31/19 01:24 AM

welcome
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: After Dark Crappie? - 07/31/19 01:56 AM

Haven't done any night fishing, but... welcome
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: After Dark Crappie? - 07/31/19 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by DMOutdoors
New to the forum, but have not seen many folks talking about crappie fishing at night. Anyone have any after dark reports lately? Headed back out to Tawokoni this weekend to give it a go.

used to fish T WOK w my folks in my teens at night. Deep water 30+ ft in timber if there is any. near drop off used to fish till 2 or 3 am good memories GOOD LUCK , like to know how you do. gonna give it a shot at lavon myself.

Re: After Dark Crappie? - 08/01/19 02:39 PM

Thanks for the input lazy Ike. And thanks for the welcoming. Hopefully I will be able to post some pictures if there is any success after hours. I have done most of my crappie fishing at night with fair success, and a hell of a lot cooler temps.
Posted By: DocDiablo

Re: After Dark Crappie? - 08/01/19 11:23 PM

New here myself, Hola! I stay out to 4am sometimes its so fun, and incredibly quiet. Look for lit marinas & piers, they are natural attractants. I would also suggest netting shad for fresh bait if you can. It makes a difference at night I have noticed. I fish Lavon and use my own down-facing spotlights w/ a underwater green due to a lack of lights on shorelines.

Re: After Dark Crappie? - 08/02/19 03:26 AM

DOC May see ya sat eve launch bout 7 pm good luck fish
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: After Dark Crappie? - 08/03/19 02:01 AM

where do you launch on Lavon ? I thought the ramps close at 10pm ?
Posted By: DocDiablo

Re: After Dark Crappie? - 08/03/19 02:02 PM

mallard is 24 hr launch site. The parks are state and close at 10, mallard is only a boat launch and not within campgrounds

edit: it is also closer to a 14° than a 24°, which makes solo launching/loading a snap

Re: After Dark Crappie? - 08/10/19 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by DMOutdoors

Hey D MOUTDOORS WHATS UP!! been catchn em at night???? lets hear /or pm me if want to.
Posted By: HV Lurenut

Re: After Dark Crappie? - 08/10/19 08:45 PM

welcome

Re: After Dark Crappie? - 08/13/19 01:37 PM

Sorry men, I only have the login on my computer. Just got it on my phone. I didn't get to do a night trip at tawokoni due to boat problems (have to love carb 4 strokes). I did get to Lewisville on Sunday evening. Caught a few on the pillars then went to standing timber in 16-22 ft and found some success (12 fish over 12" and 6 under). Bite was very light, and they were pretty picky. Most action on 1/16 oz bonehead. Tons of bait fish on the piles, hard to compete with them. How is everyone else doing?

Re: After Dark Crappie? - 08/14/19 12:36 AM

DM lazy ike here haven't been work in the way matbe if I finnish up tue or wed ???/ good catch on lew.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum